Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

which .15 for kedet seniorita

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

which .15 for kedet seniorita

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 11:53 AM
FOD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which .15 for kedet seniorita

i have a new in the box magnum XL .15A BB ABC and a new thunder tiger GP.15 ABC which engine should i use . not looking for speed just the one that would pull it around best. i want to use one of thease engines as i have had them for a few years and need to put them to some use. seniorita is for my 11 year old girl to learn on but i like to fly slow sometimes too.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: which .15 for kedet seniorita

I have flown my Senorita (and used it for instruction) since '98, and the .25 FP is getting too tired to lift the plane off, on the grass runway. It never did take off in less than 200', unless there was a fair wind down the runway.

If you are flying off a hard surface, the .15 might work well for you and your youngster. However, if you're flying on a grass runway, you might want to look for a good .25.

Just my opinion,
Dave Olson
Old 12-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Gollywock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which .15 for kedet seniorita

I built a Seniorita about 10 years ago, powered it with an OS .25FP and it'll take off from my driveway. On any hard surface, I use half throttle and it will lift off within 60'. Either engine is at the low end of what Sig suggests, but since you already have them, you might try that B/B Magnum. If that doesn't work as well as you like, you could always replace it. Jim