Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

maratuka b25 or royal

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

maratuka b25 or royal

Old 01-09-2005, 08:53 PM
tmaucher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maratuka b25 or royal

Does anyone have experience with the maratuka or royal b 25 kit. Is it a good flyer and how is the outlay of the kit and directions. What retracts where used. How nice did it turn out? Any help would be appreciated. [email protected]
Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 PM
taildragger01
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: maratuka b25 or royal

Hi, I have built three royal kits in the past, one was the Royal DC3 and the Royal Spitfire and the other is the b17, the origanale Royal kits had decal sheets and cocpit kits. they are all nice fliers but the kits are for the intermedate and advanced builders only. thear is a lot of fitting and carving to do, But the finnished plane is worth the time. they are very scale and great head turners at the fild. Right now I have the B17 77"ws that I might build but first I want to finnish my Ziroli SBD5 Dauntless100" ws. good luck with the 25. if your not used to twins you might want to set it aside and try a simpler kit like the C47/ DC3 by Top Flite, Century Jet makes retracts for the royal B25.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:57 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Royal B-25 kit - being built by a buddy of mine who is a master builder - and it is challenging him. From everthing I have heard - it flies real nice. If memory serves me correctly - all the stuff is at my friends house - the retracts that were specifically made for it are Spring Air. According to my buddy, the fit nicely, but don't allow for scale retraction - but hey - this plane will be for fun, not the scale masters. As soon as I get it back from him, I'll post a few pictures before, during and after paint.

Dan
Old 01-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Hurri

Have had Maratuka & royalkits , It is the same kit but the Royal is more deluxe , whereas Mara; is more economical with parts etc .
Old 01-10-2005, 10:35 PM
egor

Royal kits are relabeled maratuka kits, Royal closed 10 or so years ago. Maratuka Closed in the last couple of months so if you want one of these kits, for now or the future and you can find it get it now.

Egor