Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Flair Puppeteer Trust Angles

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Flair Puppeteer Trust Angles

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flair Puppeteer Trust Angles

ORIGINAL: bassman

Hi there. I just started building a Flair Puppeteer. Right off the bat I ran into an issue. When you build the tank box there are built in right and down thrust angles (even the plans say that's why the front of the box is angled). But when you build the fuselage frame there is no angle to the front where the firewall mounts. What is the proper assembly sequence. Do you glue the tank box to the fire wall, then install the assembly and sand the front of the fuselage to match the angles? This would be a pain. Or are the angles on the tank box for another purpose? The plans are not clear on this.

Thanks
bassman,

I will not read over 900 postings.
I cannot figure out that your original question would generate that many postings.

The box has angles. The firewall is square with the longitudinal axis of the airplane.
So the box is providing the thrust angles.

It seems simple to me.

Zor

Old 04-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Phlip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zor,

Post #8 had the answer to the original question. The rest of the thread is just general Puppeteer enjoyment.

"I think I have it. I needed to get the fire wall glued on before I was able to really see how it lined up. Sorry for the alarm. One of these days I will learn to trust the directions. If you have any other tips I would love to hear them. Do you have any pictures of you Pup?"

Old 04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
mookiie

Hi guys, have just read through the majority of this thread, i thought i would be able to build a good replica. But i think you lot are in a league of your own.
That being said i have stolen a couple of your ideas , the first one i'm going to try is the UC suspension, the model is very harsh on our strip even though it is mown often.
So i have brought my UC to work and will try and make it work. Now all i need to do is find some flux and silver solder. i think my acetelyne torch might be a little harsh. So am off to find a gas soldering iron too.
Once again great thread. I'm a helicopter man normally, but i do like this plane, and its so easy to fly.
I made one school boy error though, Didnt check the CG!!. i think i was lucky because she flew like a dream.
Oh i didnt build this, i bought it from an older chap. but i do intend to do a few of your scale mods.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45033.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1594167   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30492.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1594168  
Old 04-15-2011, 03:49 AM
Augie11

She looks really nice to me. And it's always good to welcome a 'heli guy' to the world of fixed wing!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Zor
Banned

Another beautiful two-winger.
Ya __I know the word "biplane".

We do not have two planes here ___we have two wings. LOL

A very nice airplane and a French decor.

Enjoy.

Zor
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 AM
rupa

Hello guys, my name is Ruggero and I write (a little) from Switzerland, sorry for my english (google ), but would like to introduce my Flair Puppeteer.
I learned a lot by reading this useful topic. Thank you all for what you have written and what you taught me.

more photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/Ruggero...lairPuppeteer#

and video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmFchaGcdiQ

ciao e grazie
Ruggero"
Old 04-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Augie11

VERY nice Ruggero. Like you, I finished my cockpit/front deck area in wood planks. I had some nice mahogony strips left over from a ship kit I built years ago. It's a nice touch.

Spent many months in your country as my company was headquartered in Basle with facilities all around the world. Always loved Switzerland.

Good hearing from you.

Augie

Old 04-15-2011, 05:35 AM
mookiie

Thanks for your comments, here is a short video of my mate mike flying it, its a little blurry because the best we could was an Iphone at the time.
thats me in the blue top standing behind mike as he takes it for its maiden....(i was the worried one) mike can fly anything he wasnt nervous at all Lol...

wowRuggero thats is a really nice one. pheww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTELDLDL1a4

Old 04-15-2011, 06:13 AM
Augie11

Flys like a Puppeteer! Good show!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:29 PM
mookiie

I built the suspension yesterday, it went ok but felt a little wobbly (rocking side to side) I had To add a couple of cable ties to either side to dampen it all down. If it all works i will make some brass clips.
Anyway I'm going to fly the pup tomorrow, will report on my findings.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:32 PM
abufletcher

After sitting in my "hanger" since last year with a broken wing, I finally got around to repairing (yet again) my Puppeteer. It's the model that will not die! Turns out, the repair was quite simple and I had it ready and flying again in a week! I thought about replacing the Saito 56 with the 62, but it just flies so enjoyably with the 56 (even at 4.5kg) that I decided to leave well-enough alone.

Great to see other Puppeteers! Very nice work, Ruggero!

Honestly, I'm enjoy flying it so much that I'm thinking about ordering another kit, just to have it ready when the eventual eventually happens!

Name:	Mj24405.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	638.7 KB
ID:	1701530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97264.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	1701531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16460.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	1701532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21615.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	1701533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Te47433.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	1701534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wm84425.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	1701535  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 AM
abufletcher

A post-script: It's been about two years of fun-filled flying since my rebuild, but my Puppeteer has now moved on to that great runway in the sky. During the fourth flight of the day, the aileron control on the Tx packed up and it spiraled in out of control.

Could it be rebuilt yet again? Probably. But it would be almost as much effort as starting all over. And in some ways, I just need to move on to other models.

Name:	Us53307.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1878658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30472.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1878659  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: abufletcher

A post-script: It's been about two years of fun-filled flying since my rebuild, but my Puppeteer has now moved on to that great runway in the sky. During the fourth flight of the day, the aileron control on the Tx packed up and it spiraled in out of control.

Could it be rebuilt yet again? Probably. But it would be almost as much effort as starting all over. And in some ways, I just need to move on to other models.
abufletcher,

I always feel sad reading about such mishap as you just experienced but I also have some recommendations.

DONOT throw anything away. Once the initial feelings have tapered off you may feel differently. We have in this forum a history of a fine fellow who had given up and was encouraged by many participants to repair a highly damaged model. After a while he started doing some work on it and ended up with a nice model even more beautifull than his original.

Yes, by all means, go ahead building a different model for now but the future demands that you keep your Puppeteerin the back of your mind. I can be and have been called crazy and worst many times but I like to personalize my models as if they were humans. I like my models as if they were live pets. At some future date you may feel so happy to have followed my present recommendations.

Time heals lots of feelings. Your Puppeteer served you well for a long time and deserves some loving surgery at some future time.

Just my feelings ___

Zor
Old 06-06-2022, 12:04 PM
avionette

Hi everybody
I have a Puppeteer MKII to build, i'd like to short the nose as on this picture, for you is possible this modify to the front structure?

best regard