Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

GP CAP232 Build

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

GP CAP232 Build

Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
gumhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP CAP232 Build

The ailerons are 1 1/8" wide.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:54 PM
gumhead

Update

Well the days are getting short and the summer flying season is coming to an end. I had a great time this summer flying this Cap 232. I only ran into a few problems this summer… I had to fix and recover the rudder do to flipping over on a few landings. They keep the grass long at my field so it was kind of a pain to land and take off. I ended up making a new landing gear to combat this nose over problem. I ended up putting more of an angle on the gear to move the wheels forward an inch. I work in a sheetmetal/machine shop so it was a simple fix.

I have been very happy with the plane. I still have yet to see the snapping some people talk about. You have to fly the plane in on landings… its not a trainer! When in the air she flies like she’s on a rail and snap rolls are wicked! The YS engine is fully broken in and it runs like a top! Vertical is pretty much unlimited now. Super fast!

I also built a GP Slowpoke this summer and I’m in the process of building a Sig Hog Bipe. Both are covered with Koverall and dope. So I thought I would post some pics and show them off You can see all my pics on my website... www.gumhead.com

Old 09-29-2006, 02:26 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How easy it is to build a GP Slowpoke for a newbie?
I've built but didn't cover a Tower Uproar 40 kit.
Also,
what engine do you use?
Saito............?????
Old 10-01-2006, 11:42 AM
gumhead

ORIGINAL: Kostas1

How easy it is to build a GP Slowpoke for a newbie?
Not to bad. Its not the easiest kit but if you built a kit with success I would think you could handle it.
It does build tail heavy so take that into consideration when building.

ORIGINAL: Kostas1

what engine do you use?
Saito............?????
Its a Saito-72 GK. The plane was covered with Koverall and Dope, it came out heavy so the extra power is nice...
Old 02-23-2007, 03:27 PM
alfredbmor

Hi:
I have this kit waiting to be built, I am planning on using two Hitec miniservos for ailerons (HS 225 BB) they are rated at 56.4 oz/inch, do you think that they'll be ok?
Also I'd like to know if the ailerons could be modified making them a little bigger.
I have noted that it is a great flier, I believe that is a better flier than the new ARF cap because of the wing loading.
Any info will be helpful.
Thanks
Alfred.