Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Sig Kougar "CG"

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Sig Kougar "CG"

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 10:10 PM
DanNJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Kougar "CG"

Hi all..I can't understand where the Cg is in the Kougar.. The instructions are as follows: Test fly with the balance point located anywhere between the leading edge and 1/2" back from the leading edge at the wing tip.. Is the Cg 1/2 ' from the leading edge, if so it doesn't sound correct..I've only built 2 other kits and the Cg was 3-31/2" from the leading edge..So people put your thinking caps on and figure this out..
Thanks in Advance Dan
Old 01-20-2002, 07:28 PM
kramer
My Feedback: (61)

Default CG

This plane has a tapered leading edge,if you draw a straight line from wingtip to wing tip @ the 1/2" point at the wing tip,you wil be at the 1/3 back from the leading edge at the fuse.I have one of these planes and I used the rule of 1/3 back at the fuse and it flew fine.
Hope this helps
Old 01-28-2002, 02:31 AM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Default Kougar C.G.

As I remember on mine, I did it about a thumbs width fromm the LE out at the tip. It flew great, would snap roll very fast and still be gentle on landings with no worry about it stalling. Gotta love the Sig Kougar!!!