Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Great Planes F-4

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Great Planes F-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:22 PM
foxtrot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes F-4

Just bought one of these ----any suggestions/tips?
Old 03-19-2006, 04:26 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: Great Planes F-4

take it you mean a F4U Corsair? if you do, look through this and the warbirds area, and maybe the arf/rtf area.. look for anything corsair.
HTH
Tim
Old 03-19-2006, 07:17 AM
SteveW
My Feedback: (36)

Are you talking about the F-4 Phantom II? Do a search, there are a few threads about the plane here on RCU. One item to note, the early kits had plastic fuse sides that were 1/4" short and required that you cut them to fit. Great Planes was offering replacement plastic, don't know if they still do. Another is engine size; it will fly with a 60 but it flies better with a 90. Good luck. I have one in my kit stash too.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:52 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I heard one guy built the wing with the supplied parts and did NOT match them to the plans resulting in a much larger wing area, hence a lower wing loading. In so doing he had a 'sunday flyer' and was much more forgiving than the scale winged version....it must have been true because.......................................I read it on the internet!!!