Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

CG Bucker mods??

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

CG Bucker mods??

Old 12-07-2002, 03:27 PM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CG Bucker mods??

Hi guys, I just started on my winter project and was wondering if anyone had any mods to suggest. I've already concluded that the stock interplane strut setup has to be changed and that I'll use the dual elevator servo option.

Any other ideas?
Old 12-10-2002, 02:46 AM
Floater-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buckers

Hi Bipes, I built the bucker several years ago and have a little over 300 flights on it. I did mod the interplane strut attachments and I wish I went with two servo's for the elevator but at the time after buying the YS 120 for it, funds were short. If I was to do it again I would definitely go that way! When she was first built it was the nicest flying Bipe our best club pilot had flown. Talk about awesome knife edge! Can we say single stick! I did lose the bottom wing in flight during it's second year and it has never been the same even though the damage was minor and easy to repair. The wing bolts vibrated out on me! So check them constantly! The bucker is still one of my favorite planes though! Good luck with yours,
Floater.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:20 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default kit

Change the 5/64 sheeting to 1/16. So every thing fits flush other wise you have to sand the surfaces to match other than that it's great
Old 12-14-2002, 02:27 AM
LuvBipes

Default CG Bucker mods??

Thanks guys. Jet, I wish I had read your post BEFORE I buitl the tail surfaces! Oh well, time to break out the balsa filler
Old 12-15-2002, 01:46 AM
Wyo_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default What Engine You Running??

Hello All
I have one of these myself to build, what is everyone running up front for power? I was looking at a Saito 150, what do you think? We fly at 7200', so we lose some power up here.
Thanks
Old 12-15-2002, 04:11 AM
LuvBipes

Default CG Bucker mods??

Wyo, I have the choice between to very equivalent engines: The Saito 150 and Enya 155. I think the final decision might be determined by the way the plane balances, because the Enya is about 3 oz heavier than the Saito.

I'm almost at sea level, so to get the same power you might want to consider a Saito 180 or a YS 140L or 140 Sport.