Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Help a Newb

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Help a Newb

Old 03-18-2006, 11:09 PM
*BUBBA*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a Newb

I have just bought a small p-51D and i would apreciate any tips. Since this is my first kit i need to ask what kind of glue, CA or epoxy?
Old 03-31-2006, 05:10 AM
pshimm

Default RE: Help a Newb

The instructions should tell you the types of glue you'll need, but generally you should stock up on thin, medium and thick CA, 6 minute and 30 minute epoxy, CA remover with a pumas stone to get it off your fingers, rubbing alcohol to remove excess epoxy, and lot of paper towels. I've never found that the brand makes much of a difference. Also, I've found CA applicator tips, epoxy mixing cups and brushes to be very helpful. Hope this answers your question.
-Peter
Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM
stremrider

Default RE: Help a Newb

I saw a clear purple covering over balsa frame electric rc biplane sold on ebay vfrom someone is ausralia last year in a rtf or arf kit but I can't find them anymore i am looking for electric kit assembled or near so as I am severly disabled. has anyone seen these models or know the manufacturer. they were sold in different colors like purple green etc and were hot Please let me know where I can get my hand on one thanks

Bill
Old 03-07-2017, 12:57 PM
F4 Phantom blue angles

Hi, I hope your not planning to use the plane as a trainer, Could be a problem. As far as glue, Expoxy is the heaviest,so use it only on load berring areas. If you have styrfoam, only use epoxy or wood glue.