Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

hobby lobby fowler flap hinges

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

hobby lobby fowler flap hinges

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 05:37 PM
strobelights
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobby lobby fowler flap hinges

is any body out there familiar with the hobby lobby fowlerflap hinges, which side is bolted to the wing and which is bolted to the flap, i got these without any form of hint, as a newbie to the rc hobby i like to have an idea about using an item, when budget is tight you don't want to screwup, know what i mean???
Old 02-12-2003, 03:29 PM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The long arm is bolted to the wing.

Les
Old 02-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Holeshot

Default Fowler flap hinges

"Hinges simulate the extension path of Fowler Flaps. Much higher quality and stronger!"

Hobby Lobby order page ($7.10)....

"4 hinges per package. Each hinge is 2.3” long overall, and is made to be very strong. These hinges have a very long offset from the center of the hingeplate to the hinge line. The farther aft the hingeline is put (as far under the flap as possible) the better will the Fowler effect be simulated. An example of a Fowler Flap is the wing flap on a commercial airliner like the Boeing 727. As the flap is extended it moves aft first, then after the aft-ward movement it begins its downward movement. While these hinges don’t give a true Fowler movement, the effect is so well simulated that it is both realistic in appearance and in effect. The screw mounting tabs allow mounting after you have covered and finished the airplane."
Old 02-28-2003, 07:23 PM
strobelights
My Feedback: (1)

holeshot my question was "which part of the flap is screwed to the main body of aircraft?" LesUyda answered my question plus i did experiment with them and man they work so well i could cry.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Holeshot

Duh - yeah I figured that out but I also figured that there may be some people out there tuning in to see what "Fowler Flaps" are. Or, we could make like NASA and throw out or ignore the data - maybe get the moderator to banish my post to the trash?