Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

1/4 scale Sig Spacewalker II wing servos

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

1/4 scale Sig Spacewalker II wing servos

Old 05-27-2007, 09:44 PM
shford
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 scale Sig Spacewalker II wing servos

Question for those who have built the kit. Did you install the aileron servos the way it was shown on the plans? How well did it work? I am thinking of putting the servos on removable hatches on the bottom of the wing instead. Any comments are appreciated.
Thanks,
Sam
Old 05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
donkey doctor

Default RE: 1/4 scale Sig Spacewalker II wing servos

Hello Sam; I have a 1/4 spacewalker, I bought it already built by one of the better builders here. He built it with servo hatches on the underside of the wing very close to the ailerons, towards the rear of the wing. This set up works very well with no problems whatsoever. He also built landing lights and flashing lights into the wingtips, and a strobe light on top.
Lovely plane, wether on wheels or floats.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:28 PM
shford
My Feedback: (27)

DonkeyDoctor,
What are you using for power? I am thinking an OS 120 four stroke. Thanks for your reply.
Sam
Old 05-29-2007, 12:15 PM
donkey doctor

Hello Sam; I have a Saito 120S inverted in my Spacewalker, and am very happy with it. The pervious owner, and builder had a Saito 150 in it before I got it, also inverted. He was happy with the 150, but thought that it would go well with a 120. The engine cowl suits an inverted installation, as the head and rocler covers just peek out below the spinner and the muffler is almost out of sight. Mine is in dove gray and white, and although that sounds like a boring combination, I've had lots of comments on how those colours make a very scale looking model.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:29 PM
Dale C.

I'm having trouble with the wing servo mounting them I can't find a servo mount like the one they show so how the heck do I mount them? Or am I missing something here?Any one have pictures of this in a 1/4 scale spacewalker ll Or should I make a custom mount for the servos? I need help on this please.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:30 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Have a look here:
Sig Spacewalker II 1/4 scale
Old 09-21-2022, 09:20 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile and the rest of that story..

Here is the rest of the aileron servo set up done by Vince

To see that thread from the beginning..
Old 09-22-2022, 01:28 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I do mine like above. Make the door out of thin ply. Hard wood blocks epoxied to the ply to mount the servos to. Then just a slit for the servo arm. I put mine just behind the main spar. This is for servo clearance. Some wings are too thin toward the TE even with the servo mounted on it's side.

David