Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

sig 40

Old 09-27-2007, 09:05 AM
CARVER-IN SC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sig 40

hi; i'am back with another question like i said i would be. this time i would like to know if their is another way to thin epoxy so that it can be spread easy, other than heating it up. any and all suggestion welcome and thanks in advance frank
Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
saramos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: sig 40

Epoxy can be thinned with denatured alcohol or acetone. I would not thin more than 25%.
I would also not thin epoxy that is being used for anything structural. If it's too thick for structural assmebly, look for a different epoxy.

Scott
Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
frenchie79

Use 30 minute epoxy and alcohol for thinning if you want to brush on. Wash your brush with the alcohol right away when done so you can use it again. 5 or 6 minute epoxy just sets to fast.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
CARVER-IN SC

thanks guys once again you have bailed me out. frank