Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need advice on Balsa USA Newport 11

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need advice on Balsa USA Newport 11

Old 06-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Norm Nestie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on Balsa USA Newport 11

Have had a fair bit of experience with different bipes and have my eye on the B USA Newport 11 for next winter build. Just wondering if any one
has had any experience with the kit quality, a flight characteristics of the model. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:09 PM
ARUP

Default RE: Need advice on Balsa USA Newport 11

I don't own a N11 kit but the BUSA kits are great sport scale planes. The N17 fuse cross sections are square which is inaccurate. The N28 has the hinge lines for rudder and elevator being coincident. The elevators should hinge ahead of rudder. If you don't mind miscrepancies like that they are really nice easy to build kits and little flaws like that are easily corrected. I have the SPAD, Fok DVII, N28, N17 and Pup. I had a Fok DrI but sold it. I'd recommend Proctor's N11 kit if you don't mind a few more $$$. It is a nice kit bar none. I have built them and they are absolutely a joy to build and fly. Plus- no worries about scale fidelity!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:13 PM
foodstick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Balsa usa has a great mix of easy flying and believable looks, I know they aren't right to a purist, but many people want different things from kits, and balsa usa has a good goal in mind when they design their kits. I haven't seen they N 11, but I have been interested in it.. So far it doesn't seem to have alot of info as far as build threads.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:10 AM
thibor

Hey,

Perhapse you can find more info over at RCscalebuilder. They have a seperate forum on BUSA.

Phil
Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Trying to Fly

I have one and does the job in the air. Check out my build log if you are interested.

Regards,
Trying to Fly