Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Uproar 40 build

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Tower Hobbies Uproar 40 build

Old 03-15-2018, 11:15 AM
jimmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I know this thread has been quiet for a long time but does anyone know if anyone has done an uproar kit with a 2 piece wing. I am going on holiday to the RC Hotel in Corfu, I am thinking of taking my own plane but it needs to be able to be packe in a box for the flight there and back. So the obvious problem is the uproar is designed to be a one piece model. If anyone can remember if this has been done all help is appreciated.
Cheers Jim.
RChotel
Old 03-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Tom Nied

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone would know, it would be RICKSTUBBZ. But the UPROAR kit just screams "kit bashing" for anyone who wants to try something like that. One thought that pops into my mind would be make it a high wing (2 piece) with the wing over the top of the fuse.. A lot gets crammed into the stock fuse that by moving up over the fuse might make it easier. Just a thought.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:06 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
Hi I know this thread has been quiet for a long time but does anyone know if anyone has done an uproar kit with a 2 piece wing. I am going on holiday to the RC Hotel in Corfu, I am thinking of taking my own plane but it needs to be able to be packe in a box for the flight there and back. So the obvious problem is the uproar is designed to be a one piece model. If anyone can remember if this has been done all help is appreciated.
Cheers Jim.
RChotel
Hey there Jim,
I have not seen any 40 size uproars with plugin wings. However, I have no doubt that with a little ingenuity it could be done.
I assume that you are familiar with the 60 size Uproar having been built that way. I think one could easily adapt that same concept for the 40 size.

I could not resist checking out the RCHotel link.
I don't think I'll be making it to Greece anytime soon. But I have to admit the RCHotel looks like a neat place.
Looks like they have some pretty nice airplanes for rent.
If you make the trip.....Have a good time.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:50 AM
jimmac

Originally Posted by Tom Nied View Post
If anyone would know, it would be RICKSTUBBZ. But the UPROAR kit just screams "kit bashing" for anyone who wants to try something like that. One thought that pops into my mind would be make it a high wing (2 piece) with the wing over the top of the fuse.. A lot gets crammed into the stock fuse that by moving up over the fuse might make it easier. Just a thought.
Hi Tom,
That sounds like a not bad idea, i would need to find a plastic box at least 50" long that could be a problem. If I cant make it a two piece wing thats the way I will go.
Cheers Jim.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:57 AM
jimmac

Originally Posted by RICKSTUBBZ View Post
Hey there Jim,
I have not seen any 40 size uproars with plugin wings. However, I have no doubt that with a little ingenuity it could be done.
I assume that you are familiar with the 60 size Uproar having been built that way. I think one could easily adapt that same concept for the 40 size.

I could not resist checking out the RCHotel link.
I don't think I'll be making it to Greece anytime soon. But I have to admit the RCHotel looks like a neat place.
Looks like they have some pretty nice airplanes for rent.
If you make the trip.....Have a good time.
Cheers Rick,
I haven't seen the Uproar 60 with plug in wings but I will look that up. I am definitely going to the RC Hotel this will be my 5th visit, the planes are not too bad the only
trouble is they are leaning more and more to electric. I am an ic guy at heart, like I keep telling the guys at the club until the day the guy at the front of my holiday plane says if you can give me 20 minutes to get my batterries loaded my planes will mostly have engines.
A big part of the holiday there is the social side as well, you meet flyers from all over there. The last time I was there as well as UK flyers there were guys from Israel and Norway. And the cook does a wonderful job of making sure we all put on a couple of pounds while you are there.
Jim.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:16 PM
karolh

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a really fun place to visit plus I did get that feeling from visiting their web site.

Last edited by karolh; 03-18-2018 at 02:21 PM.