Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

GP extra 300 60 size build + questions

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

GP extra 300 60 size build + questions

Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 AM
sir crashallot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP extra 300 60 size build + questions

Hi guys im still in the process of geting everything together to set about building my gp extra 300 60 size kit.
so far iv bought numerous carbon bits and alu control arms and so forth. but im strugling to locate a carbon fiber undercarriage for it. Know anywhere i can get one from?. ps il update later with some build photos of the stab.

ps im building the alterd version with larger rudder and elevators like allot of others are doing so on here.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 AM
sir crashallot

Default RE: GP extra 300 60 size build + questions

well i found someone on ebay selling them but not for the gp extra, however iv emailed them asking them if they could run a mold off of my stock alu one and produce me one then at least they will have the molds to run more off for people. i also asked them if they could do the cowl and canopy hehe
Old 08-04-2010, 05:26 PM
sir crashallot

can anyone advise on how long to soak the fus sides ? im in the process of building the fus
Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Andrewmc

I soaked them for about 15min or so. I also found it was easier if you don't try and get it all to fit at once but start at the bottom and do a little bit at a time (maybe 25mm or so) with ca and kicker - just like the instructions tell you to.

Also on the fuselage check all the diecut pieces against the planes and sand them to fit.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 AM
sir crashallot

thanks andrew i tried that but after soaking for an hour they where still rock hard. but opne side did start to free up and show flex after 2 hours of working it and damping it. at that point i got a pan anda large wing band and wrapped it round that to hold the curve. i then went to bed as it was near 3am in the morning. however iv just checked it and its dry and held the cruve well indeed, and the funny thing is its got almost the perfect curve now to be glued to f7 and so on its almost a match. now for the other side.

i did try to get some photos of the build as it is at the minute but the batterys are dead in the cam from the otherday, i went fishing and caught 3 nice sized pike (my first large fish) so i was trigger happy with the camera haha. thanks for the advice ancrew
Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 AM
sir crashallot

well a quick update, i managed to get the fuz fraimed up right to the point of mounting the wing, now i have turned to building the wing now... iv got the wing ribs all layed up on the top spar and a day or so ago fitted the lower spar and rear spar. iv extended the airleron 1 bay longer to the root to help get it more into the prop wash region, a tip i learned from other peoples builds on here. at this minute im off to go buy some batterys so i will get some photos up later on today. hopefully il get the sheeting done on the wing and il probably fraime up the fin, im in no rush to build this model as iv waited almost 8 months to start it so now i have started it i intend to drag it out alittle to enjoy the build.

as for an engine im planning on ordering a ASP 108 from hobbyking for it..... anyone used one of these in it yet, a friend said il have to reinforce the firewall and box, anyone know of any other weak areas that could do with revising,
Old 08-08-2010, 11:50 AM
sir crashallot

heres a few pictures, sorry bout the not good photos but the camera im using is sh*t
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47495.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1480791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53807.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1480792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty63992.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	74.6 KB