RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   New Builder just join the forum!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/11351450-new-builder-just-join-forum.html)

builder8319 12-31-2012 05:29 PM

New Builder just join the forum!!

Hello Everyone, My name is Chris Campbell, If You dont know me you will here more about me from magazines, and web sites, I am a top builder of some of the best flying birds out there, I do builds, repairs, and engine rebuilds, and engine work. my web site is www.rcairplanebuilders.com I would like to get to know you if you love the fly as much as I do. I fly scale and giant scale gas planes as well as sport planes. looking forward to you emails.

Chris Campbell,Best Choice of R/C Plane building in the USA!

SunDevilPilot 12-31-2012 06:34 PM

RE: New Builder just join the forum!!

Looks like a scam to me.

WacoNut 12-31-2012 06:57 PM

Not Impressed!!

Quigleywins 12-31-2012 07:15 PM

Gee I'm married to a McDonald I need to not say any more.

smithcreek 12-31-2012 07:21 PM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKKtnSVeY9o[/youtube]

eddieC 12-31-2012 07:22 PM

(In his best Dangerfield voice) :<div></div><div>'Whoo, tough crowd I tell ya!'

Chris, I looked at your site. Sorry, but you need a good proof-reader to make the best impression on the web. Good luck with it, keep us posted.</div>

countilaw 12-31-2012 08:01 PM

This the first paragraph of his web site:

"We are the builder of some of the best flying birds! We have build planesfor Beginners to pro, and Our price is amazing! as well is the details that we put into each build we do! We build to be shown off!"

To put it correctly:

We are the builders of some of the best flying birds ( in what? the world, state or city) We have built planes from beginners to the pros, and our prices are amazing! As well are the details that we put into each build! (we do!) We build to be shown off! (what does that mean?)

These are the errors found in just the first four sentences? WOW http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...bout_smile.gif !!! If he puts as much detail into his first four sentences of his advertisement, I can just imagine the "LACK" of details he puts into the "birds" he gets paid to build!!!!

A prime example of "No child left behind" in our educational system.

I think I will take my money elsewhere.

Frank

Gray Beard 12-31-2012 08:38 PM

:):):)

LargeScale88 12-31-2012 09:09 PM

I believe some of what your website says but the photos of your work shows just a few trainer airplanes, no scale airplanes, i'm not impressed.

Also, you may want to correct this one your website: Under Engine work, you spelled "Brake in" wrong. It should be "break in" just to let you know.

LargeScale88 12-31-2012 09:14 PM

The population of his hometown laurens, SC has a population of about 10,000 people, not sure how a hobby shop could stay in business that long, theres not that many people in this hobby, especially small towns.

Also, for another correction on your site,I prefer "fuel" tanks, not "fule" tanks in my airplanes.

:)

countilaw 12-31-2012 10:02 PM

I think you need to keep your full time job as a magician! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...used_smile.gif

Your web site is a direct reflection of your attention to detail. Which you appear to have NONE ! ! !

Don't come to a forum of experienced builders blowing your own horn, you'll get shot down everytime.

guamflyer 01-01-2013 02:05 AM

you guys are funny..http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif its kinda like when someone asks me if my scratch built airplanecan roll..I say yes and nothing happens...if you know you're crap , 2 minutes into the flight you'll already know. especially when its the maiden....

SLOPE FAST - SOAR DEEP

guamflyer

guamflyer 01-01-2013 02:09 AM

saw the web site...can't fool old school......

mniesen89 01-01-2013 03:31 AM

<blockquote style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">Well if you hit the misspelled " cAntact" link it does list his phone number. Someone should give him a call!</blockquote>

VincentJ 01-01-2013 03:42 AM

During my life I have met a lot of people, the ones that proclaim themsevesto be the best usually aren't!</p>

vicman 01-01-2013 03:59 AM

South Carolina, First in pavement, 49th in education.

builder8319 01-01-2013 04:02 AM

No Scam I am a very busy builder I get in close to 300 kits a year to build check out my site before you go running your mouth!

Bill Diedrich 01-01-2013 04:12 AM

ORIGINAL: builder8319

No Scam I am a very busy builder I get in close to 300 kits a year to build check out my site before you go running your mouth!
My question to you friend is are you a builder or an assembler? Anyone can assemble an ARF, 300 kits a year to build, don't take
offence, but doing a true build of a "KIT", there is no way you could build 300 kits, not ARF's unless you have a lot of helpers. Doing
scratch builds, not even close, in 12 months ? ? ? ? ?

Bill D.

Bill Diedrich 01-01-2013 04:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Here are the kind of pics you need to post on your web site, these are real builders pics, not ARF assembling.................
300 ARF's in a year, yes maybe, 300 kits or scratch builds in a 12 month period, not even close, these are pics of 2 scale
aircraft built by my good friend Mike Wharton, total time somewhere around 9 months, 3 months on the Nosen Mr Mulligan,
6 months on the 1/3rd scale Howard Pete.

Bill D.

builder8319 01-01-2013 04:39 AM

First i would Like to Say I am on alot of web sites, and I have seen just about everything you can throw in, But I see alot of you are stuck on yourself,

Second, I see it all the time that everyone that flys a R/C Plane or does some work is an "EXPERT" . I have years of doing this as a living!

Third, I am not a bit impressed with people that think they are better than others.

And for everyones inf, I did not make my web site I had a College kid do it for me as that is what he wants to do when he gets out, But YES I Agree, He needs help with his spelling!!!!!!!! So I am going to do it my self!

Also Just because I live in a small town does not mean there is no work. I get in 3-6 kits a week from all across the USA &amp; Canada!!! So Before you think I am a scammer get the facts! Thats whats wrong with this country in the first place, people shoot somebody, then the news says the person is off his meds and a freak then it turns out it waspeople that bullied him that made him do it! (Think About it) People always jump the gunand speak before theyknow all the facts.

I can say I am a full time Builder of some of the best Model R/C airplanes in the southeast, I have shown off my work from3D Pilots to showslike Perry,GA Swap Meet. And Fun Fly Events across the USA.

If you have nice things to sayI am open But please keep you Unknown Fact to yourself as then it make you not look good!

I will have my site fix by myself and will keep you posted.

Chris Campbell RC Builder

KaP2011 01-01-2013 05:04 AM

Hello Everyone, My name is Chris Campbell, If You dont know me you will here more about me from magazines, and web sites, I am a top builder of some of the best flying birds out there, I do builds, repairs, and engine rebuilds, and engine work. my web site is www.rcairplanebuilders.com I would like to get to know you if you love the fly as much as I do. I fly scale and giant scale gas planes as well as sport planes. looking forward to you emails.

Chris Campbell,Best Choice of R/C Plane building in the USA!
Chris, I understand what you're trying to do here. You're wanting to introduce yourself and your business.If you want to make the best impression you should, at the very least, proof read your website. (And your post!) Correct spelling and grammer are important if you're trying to impress people.Also you should know the difference between <u>building a kit</u> and <u>assembling an ARF.</u> Attention to detail is very important in both building and assembling. If you don't take the time to proof read your own website, you're not going to make a good impression.

In fact, it's too late, you've blown it.

SunDevilPilot 01-01-2013 05:55 AM

I'm sticking to my scam theory.<div></div><div>If you've been doing this for years im suprised you have only made three posts on RCU.

I'm not trying to be mean but with all the lofty claims and with all the spelling / grammar problems on the site my thoughts go to "Scam".</div><div></div><div>SunDevilPilot</div>

dant-RCU 01-01-2013 06:05 AM

+1

OliverJacob 01-01-2013 06:37 AM

This is a kit building forum. More then likely the people here have the skills to build a kit (and of course an ARF) themselves.
On the pictures I see a few ARFs, nothing unusual. Not much of a reference.

So someone buys a kit and pays a few hundred $ plus shipping for you to build it, why not buy an ARF?

Assembling a small ARF is $125 plus shipping, that will be an expensive plane.
Why someone would need this service is beyond me. It would take the fun out of it.

Here is a good tip - get a laser cutter and design your own kits, they are getting rare and there is a lot of interest. Just ask here what they would like to have. Build it and they will come...

Mustangman40 01-01-2013 06:43 AM

Just pointing out a few things to try and help you out...

If you take in that many planes every week, why are you looking for more?

Your pis on your site are for the most part, trainers. 300 a year for all those years and that's what you put up.. Not veryimpressive from our point of view!

Just trying to point out a few things so you see why guys are saying what they are saying... There are so many scammers now days, not saying your 1 of them, but there are a lot of them...

One other thing,
going to any website and pretty much making your first post a statement of "I am the best" will get you flamed every time, period...

Best of luck to you..

Jimbo