RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   BUD NOSEN MR MULLIGAN AIRPLANE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/4486627-bud-nosen-mr-mulligan-airplane.html)

oldstampman 07-10-2006 10:04 PM

BUD NOSEN MR MULLIGAN AIRPLANE

Hi:
I have a Bud Nosen Mr Mulligan airplane that I know nothing about. I bought it several years on ebay. It came in a plain box with no pictures. It has a wingspan of 108" and a length of 71". It says the design is Bud Nosen and the drawings are Ron Busch. Dose anyone know anything about this kit. I can't find anything about it.

Not24 07-11-2006 04:26 PM

RE: BUD NOSEN MR MULLIGAN AIRPLANE

The only thing I know about that kit is that it is a really nice plane, and I want one. Let me know if you run out of room and need to find a home for it.;)

roltech 07-11-2006 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: oldstampman

Hi:
I have a Bud Nosen Mr Mulligan airplane that I know nothing about. I bought it several years on ebay. It came in a plain box with no pictures. It has a wingspan of 108" and a length of 71". It says the design is Bud Nosen and the drawings are Ron Busch. Dose anyone know anything about this kit. I can't find anything about it.

Sure would like to see a picture of it, if it's the same We have a club member who know all about that model and has one.

roltech

CliffordH 07-12-2006 08:16 AM

I have the Nosen Mulligan and several other of his kits but haven't started them yet. I did build the trainer and Gere Sport years ago. Those kits where designed and first marketed when there wasn't muck to power giant scale and about all of them flew on a good 60 engine. The Mulligan makes a very nice looking plane and if I remember correctly most people add some strength to them when they put a gas engine in them, especially the front.

Here is a link to some info on the kit:

http://www.angelfire.com/in3/rcplanes/mrmulligan.html

http://www.ejme.net/album/Mr,%20mulligan%20N/index.html

This one has some shots of one in the bones.
http://*********.com/forums/showthre...&mode=threaded

There are ones for sale pretty often on Ebay.

Hope this helps!
Cliff

Stickbuilder 07-12-2006 10:46 AM

The Bud Nosen kits are a lot like my signature. Just glue all the pieces together, and sand off everything that does not look like an airplane. Seriously, they are great builder's kits, and they do require tons of carving, shaping and sanding. They deserve to be covered with something like Koverall, and dope. They make great flying models, and are very rewarding to build and fly.

Bill, AMA 4720

Bass1 07-13-2006 11:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure about the Mr. Mulligan but here is a Nosen Citabria that is a nice flyer!

Prop Nut 07-14-2006 08:05 PM

The older kits released by Nosen himself are supposed to be pretty good. I have one of the A&A industries "Nosen" kits. Pretty poor wood, cheap luaan plywood and die crushed parts. I actually had to make all the wing ribs from scratch as the die crushed were...well, crushed. A&A bought out Nosen (Or so I have been told) and the quality really suffered. Mine is almost ready to cover (I am using Super Coverite fabric). For the newer motors you will want to rethink the firewall location as the plans use a glow .60 size motor. I am using a Quadra 50cc. By the way, Ron Busch is the president of Balsa USA (not sure its the same Ron Busch).

Georgiann 06-11-2007 08:07 PM

If you still have the Mulligan plans, would you be interested in selling them?

Georgiann 06-11-2007 08:12 PM

Interested in selling it? I am looking for a kit or plans.......

Prop Nut 06-11-2007 08:20 PM

I believe a buddy still has a kit availible. I will ask him tomorrow and find out what he wants for it.

Bill Diedrich 06-11-2007 08:46 PM

I am currently getting things together with a laser cutter to do a short kit of the Nosen Mr. Mulligan, should be available in a couple months at the most, stay tuned will let all know when that happens.

Bill D.
Ventress, Louisiana

y2k6vette 09-01-2007 10:12 AM

Bill,
How's coming with the laser cut short kit of Mr Mulligan? Am interested.
Steve

lmnorthga 09-25-2007 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a Mr Mulligan I have. I did not build the plane, but bought it from the builder without engine and radio earlier this year. He said he used Nosen plans but shortened the front to be scale. He built the plane in the 80's and has flown it for years, exchanging engines and controls with several other planes like this he had when he want to fly one.

I put a G38 in it and the radio with Hitec 5645 all around. I flew it 2 times a a couple of weeks back.

GaGeeBees 09-25-2007 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are two versions of the Nosen kit. One is my Mr. Mulligan (Howard DGA 6) in the pits at the Joe Nall. The other is the Nosen kit done up as a Howard DGA 15. The Mulligan is powered by a Zenoah G-38 and the DGA 15 has a Quadra 35.

MrMotor 09-28-2007 04:13 PM

Im looking for a set of plans for the bud nosen mr mulligan. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

MrMotor 09-28-2007 04:20 PM

Im looking for a set of plans for the bud nosen Mr Mulligan airplane. Im rebuilding an older airframe and would like a set of plans to asist in the rebuilding.
thanks

GaGeeBees 09-28-2007 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: MrMotor

Im looking for a set of plans for the bud nosen mr mulligan. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Mine are for sale. Send me an email and maybe we can work something out.

John Thompson 10-12-2007 06:19 AM

I have built & flown everything from basic trainers(like the full sized Sig Cadet Senior)to a Top-flite F4-U Corsair,Topflite's P-40 Warhawk,Pica's waco & really enjoy building more than flying,in this little apartment I'm hoping to get out of soon,I,ve recently finished the framework of a Dumas brand Mr.Mulligan small tissue covered plane rubber powered for something to do & space accomodations,the die-cutting of this Dumas kit was spectacular,especially for such a small kit,the parts LITTERALY fell out of there spots,I made sure I labeled them because of this.One question I have if you could answer me back,is how do I "tack"on the tissue in a tight fashion so I can do a nice job of covering it?(its been a long time since I've built such a small kit,I,m used to the bigger stuff,but this one looked kind of like fun.-John Thompson @ [email protected]

jmv 10-12-2007 08:12 AM

I'm trying to remember back to when I was a kid, but I believe you can wet the frame with clear dope to adhere the tissue, then spray the tissue with water to shrink it tight. I'm sure someone who knows more about it or a better way will post soon.

Here are a couple of links with good info.

This one uses the old method I remember:

http://www.antiquemodeler.org/Comet_...ing_Guide_.htm

This one uses Elmer's glue to attach the tissue and rubbing alcohol to shrink the tissue:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...02/ai_n8942705

MrMotor 10-12-2007 09:22 AM

Bud Nosen plans were located, thank you RCU.

y2k6vette 10-13-2007 07:58 AM

I, too, am looking for a set of Nosen Mr. Mulligan plans. Anybody who has a set or would be willing to make a copy of a set, please contact me to make arrangements.
Thanks,
Steve

Jim Messer 10-13-2007 04:58 PM

Steve: Send me a pm. I have a set of plans for sale. Slightly used, but everything is there.

Jim

y2k6vette 10-15-2007 09:06 AM

Jim,
Thanks for the offer. Do these plans have the patterns for the wing ribs? This will be a total scratch build, so I
will need all the help I can get.
One of your PMs to me apparently got lost in the ether of space, so I am hoping you will accept my apology for
not knowing what you might have told me.
Thanks,
Steve

superman0529 05-29-2008 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
Looking for some help, I purchased an old Mister Mulligan gas poewered airplane from an estate.
It is marked NR273Y also has 40 and Gulf decals on it. It roughly measures 24" X 31". Any idea when this was made and by who?? Also what the value of could be? I do plan on putting it up on Ebay sometime, once I get some information.
[email protected]

GaGeeBees 05-30-2008 05:00 AM

Can you post a picture of it?