RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   1/4 cub club ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/7384233-1-4-cub-club.html)

mjg3 04-16-2008 09:00 PM

1/4 cub club !

is there anyone who has or is building the Sig 1/4 Cw Cub ? i have been considering a kit for my next plane and i am leaning toward the C/W Cub. i consider myself an intermediate builder and flyer. im looking for some feedback on this kit as far as the material, build, and flying { i do have an OS160 twin that needs a home} will be greatly appericated[8D] thanks!

WacoNut 04-17-2008 02:42 PM

RE: 1/4 cub club !

It is a great flying plane,
It is a builders kit but the results are well worth it. You can do a search here and find my build thread, I cover every aspect of the build.
Anthony

mjg3 04-18-2008 09:19 AM

anthony great thread on the cub! its funny you used sigs koverall i have been wanting to get away from film and try it. this will be the one to do it. where can i get more info on the prep and applying koverall. i do have 1/2 a wing assy and otherparts to pratice on before i get to covering the cub [8D] thanks mike

EF 04-18-2008 12:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: mjg3

is there anyone who has or is building the Sig 1/4 Cw Cub ? i have been considering a kit for my next plane and i am leaning toward the C/W Cub. i consider myself an intermediate builder and flyer. im looking for some feedback on this kit as far as the material, build, and flying { i do have an OS160 twin that needs a home} will be greatly appericated[8D] thanks!
I'm at the finishing stages of this one. It's a builder's model, I have enjoyed every minute of it.
First class materials, design, hardware, simply - a Sig kit, that sums it up.

My first Sig kit was the Smith Miniplane, built two years ago, fly it nearly every weekend, if the CW Cub flys as good it's going to be simply fantastic.

Do note however that the thicker parts are printed, you need to cut them up yourself, only the thinner sheets are die cut.
Die cutting is perfect, clean and precise. The printed parts are also amazingly accurate and match the plans 100%.

Mine is now covered and some of it painted in primer. Covering is nylon and sanding sealer (Dave Brown Skyloft). My Smith Miniplane was also covered this way and it is very durable and light (painted in brushed on polyurethane paint).

If you like to build "proper models" by yourself, go for it!

mjg3 04-18-2008 07:50 PM

looking good! EF i cant wait to get going with mine, i just got to make sure my honey do's are caught up first! and not to rush the build it looks like it has alot of potential!!!! thanks mike[8D]

WacoNut 04-19-2008 06:08 AM

mjg3,
Koverall is a great product, I am building a Pepino 1/4 scale Waco YMF-5 and I will be covering it with Koverall also. Check out the thread in the Scratch builld forum and you will get some more info. Ken (Big_Bird) is covering his Waco now and is using Polycrylic to attach the fabric instead of dope. I am going to try this method.
Later!!
Anthony

Cub Man 04-21-2008 01:34 PM

One of the best, (just my 2 cents) covering is no longer available. I just used the last of my supply on the L-4 I’m building. I’m talking about Super Coverite.

kamakazie frank 04-21-2008 06:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cub Man:

I agree with you on Super Coverite that's what I cover mine in.