RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   Would you buy one of these kits? SR-71, OV-10 Bronco, F-4 Phantom. Market research, please help. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/7972976-would-you-buy-one-these-kits-sr-71-ov-10-bronco-f-4-phantom-market-research-please-help.html)

penceaviation 09-20-2008 12:17 PM

Would you buy one of these kits? SR-71, OV-10 Bronco, F-4 Phantom. Market research, please help.

Hey everyone, I'm working on a deal that will allow me to offer the following kits very soon:

(Specs given below are approximate so I don't let the cat completely out of the bag, the deal is not done yet)

[ul][*] a large OV-10 bronco for twin .91 engines, fiberglass fuse and booms, foam wing[*] a giant and very detailed fiberglass SR-71 blackbird about 110" long for twin DF, EDF, or turbines[*] a fiberglass F-4 phantom about 70" long for single or twin fans
[/ul]

Kits will include all fiberglass parts, foam wings (if applicable) and clear canopy.

Exact prices TBD, but looking at round numbers I'm guessing $1200 for the SR-71, $600 for the F-4 and $500 for the OV-10. If that was the ballpark, would you guys be interested? I'd like to get a few interested parties lined up before I seal the deal. I can email you pictures of the models but cannot post them here, again becuase the deal is not done.

Any possible takers? Thanks guys!

RCKen 09-20-2008 12:50 PM

RE: Would you buy one of these kits? SR-71, OV-10 Bronco, F-4 Phantom. Market research, please help.

Penceaviation,
I would buy the OV-10.!!!

Ken

RCKen 09-20-2008 01:07 PM

RE: Would you buy one of these kits? SR-71, OV-10 Bronco, F-4 Phantom. Market research, please help.

Is the OV-10 designed for .91 2-strokes or 4-strokes??? Retracts available?

Ken

penceaviation 09-20-2008 01:46 PM

Hi Ken!

From what I can get out of the owner so far, all he said was .91's and I don't yet know the span, but looking at pics I would say it's probably in the 90" range (just a guess). There are scale retracts available but I'm unsure where he's getting those at this time. I will have all the sources for everything, plans, templates etc when the deal is done.

All the planes have available retracts and extra stuff I can manufacture or available from outside sources.

Thanks for the input Ken, I'll let you know when I get the deal done!

RCKen 09-20-2008 02:00 PM

Shannon,
Thanks for getting back to me.

Check your PM's.

Ken

GRANT ED 09-20-2008 07:31 PM

I'd recommend the Bronco. This is mostly because I think there would be much greater demand for it over the other two.

Gray Beard 09-20-2008 09:08 PM

If I was looking to build A twin then the Bronco would be A good choice.

penceaviation 09-26-2008 06:22 PM

Guys, I have huge news! I am in fact getting the tooling and molds for a 72" long 48" span F-4 phantom, a 107" long 55" wingspan SR-71 Blackbird, and an 80" span OV-10 Bronco! I expect to have all these kits and pictures on my website in the next few days for preorder and available for delivery by December (just in time for winter building!). www.penceaviation.com

planebuilder66 09-26-2008 07:34 PM

Two jets and one prop job? what happened to a racer or civilian plane? At this point, the only one that I see is the F4, but not very much.

penceaviation 09-26-2008 08:19 PM

Planebuilder66-

It's a package deal from someone who already has the molds. The civilian / golden age stuff will still happen eventually. Just wanted you all to know what was slowing me down on making new products. I have to take some time to integrate these products into my website and business model. I'm very excited about the deal. It should only set new products back 2-4 months which is remarkable considering the fact that I'm adding 4 models (forgot to mention the Cessna 310 didn't I?!!) See my website Sunday for some specs on that kit, but it's a regular wood kit- laser cut.

Stay tuned, exciting times at Pence Aviation!

drdoom 09-27-2008 08:37 AM

Your C-130 Herkey Bird gear looks a lot like he set I made for my C-130 a couple of years ago.
How big is the cessna 310?

Dead Roman 09-27-2008 08:48 PM

the bronco yes, the others no way

donniercjet 09-28-2008 09:16 AM

you need to ask this same question in the jet fourm. myself all of them are great flyers (i know where they came from) keep the jets. and keep adding to the list....

tadawson 09-28-2008 12:39 PM

Myself, I would have huge interest in the SR-71 if it is a decent flyer, then the F4, and probably not the Bronco at all . . . .

- Tim

penceaviation 09-28-2008 01:21 PM

tadawson- check your PMs. Thanks!

I'm slaving away on the penceaviation website today so all the specs and pics of these birds should be up in the next few hours. Thanks guys!

penceaviation 09-28-2008 02:59 PM

The owner of these molds is getting some phone calls wondering what is happening, so please allow me to add some clarity to the situation.

1) I'm not buying Buzz out.
2) He has some medical issues that require him to take a break from making planes. Rather than him losing his customers, we are working together.
3) It will be good for all of us- more planes for you all, he keeps his business rolling and I have new planes to offer my customers.

To sum up, we will offer products that are different, at different price points and levels of completeness so that what I offer will appeal to someone different than what he will continue to offer. It should be good for everyone and we are very excited about working together. Hope that helps, if you have any questions, just ask. Thanks guys!

penceaviation 09-28-2008 03:05 PM

dr doom- the 310 is small, 54" span

drdoom 10-02-2008 01:20 PM

Please put it up on your site when you get the chance. Should make a great electric. I found it...

penceaviation 10-02-2008 07:58 PM

It's in the works, gotta get the sources, templates and all that nailed down. As soon as I do I'll post here and PM you drdoom. Thanks!

penceaviation 11-11-2008 10:49 AM

The molds have arrived and I'm pulling test parts now guys- anyone want to get an order in line for any of the planes? I'm making deals to get a few on the books before year's end! Thanks!