RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   My first kit.. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/8666415-my-first-kit.html)

fructuosogr 04-09-2009 10:17 PM

My first kit..

1 Attachment(s)
My friends, today i do begin to bult mi frist kit, a mid star, i have problems whit the lenguaje , and its gone a be a chalenger to me, is an old kit, die cut, not a new one laser cut, and it significate more sand paper work, nice to coment it wuith you
fructuosogr
sorry for my bed english

fructuosogr 04-11-2009 12:18 PM

RE: My frist kit..

More fotos i am keeping working in the wing,
fructuosogr

fructuosogr 04-11-2009 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photos...

stallspeed 04-15-2009 09:39 AM

The Midstar is an older plane design wise but the finished result is a great looking and flying airplane . I have built and flown alot of Sig kits and have enjoyed them all. They have good plans and photos so you should be fine even with the english instructions. Have fun!

Alex7403 04-15-2009 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the midstar is a great airplane, built two of them, the second one is still flying and flying and flying.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6569140/tm.htm

ChopperMike 04-15-2009 11:34 AM

sorry for my bed english
Don't worry, we can understand you just fine! And it looks like you are doing a good job and well on your way.[8D]

Good luck!

Mike

TZflyer 04-16-2009 12:52 AM

Hi,

the midstar may not be all laser cut but its isn't much more work than a four star or somethin' extra.
I have just finished mine and installed an E-Flite electric motor up front.
Good luck with your plane, its a fun plane to build.
Keep us up to date and take lots of pictures ;)

Ray

sebo 04-17-2009 12:22 AM

What you have done, so far, looks great. Don't worry about the language, I think you are doing a terriffic job.
We are all modelers and we all understand each other.
Keep up the great build.
Ron

phread59 04-29-2009 09:01 PM

I have one with an MVVS 40 and tuned muffler. Did it as a taildragger and added wheel pants. Flies rock solid. A wonderful plane, you'll love it. BTW the MVVS is way overkill. A good 45 would work just fine. I had th MVVS and used it. BTW chuck the pushrods in the kit. They suck. I used well supported Sullivan's. Good luck with your build.

Mark Shuman

tryingagain 05-02-2009 12:27 AM

RE: My first kit..

It looks good so far! Don't let the language get you down. Speaking personally, your English is a lot better than my Spanish. I love to see people building from kits or from scratch. No offense to the ARF and RTF guys but for me building is at least half the fun. I just think building it gives you a huge head start when the time comes to repair it. ( and it will ) ;)

fructuosogr 06-11-2009 08:22 AM

I am so sorry for do not up load imegenes in the proces, but my camerawas whit trobules, but the airplae is almost finished, only need trim the colors, jaja i am so hapy whit the results, like in spanish we sey hechando a perder se aprende, it significates some like: doing mistakes you can lern....jaja i do a mistake in the cobering, and renforces thewings, but lets sein the frist fligts....i gone to tell you about the flying test....

fructuosogr

fructuosogr 06-11-2009 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

the photograpies::

fructuosogr

sebo 06-11-2009 12:49 PM

Looking Good!

carrellh 06-11-2009 01:21 PM

Looks very good. Congratulations on your first build. I have only built 3, and am now working on a Great Planes Rapture 40. It is fun to see something you build take off and fly.

fructuosogr 06-23-2009 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is ready to fly ..... weithing for the great weather and take off......

fructuosogr

fructuosogr 06-23-2009 08:02 PM

Please do not enlarge to much or you are going to find several mistakes in the covering, jajjajaja i am a beginer and do not know some secrets. i am lerning....

fructuosogr

Gray Beard 06-23-2009 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Alex7403

the midstar is a great airplane, built two of them, the second one is still flying and flying and flying.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6569140/tm.htm

And flying and flying and flying!!
Frutc, that came out just great, don't worry about any little mistakes, covering takes a lot of time to learn and you just keep learning more with every build. A lot of the older kits are die cut, nothing wrong with them, we built them for a lot of years before the laser was invented.
Nothing wrong with your english, you should hear my spanish, all three words!!
Great choice of planes too, a great flying plane and it can take a hard landing without breaking like an ARF.
Gene

Alex7403 06-24-2009 10:06 AM

congrats for the finished MidStar fructuosogr.
dont be so hard on your covering im sure its good, besides I'm my worst critic...
you probably will do better job on your next kit.

Alex

Thisstrangeengine 06-26-2009 02:12 PM

That looks alot better than MY first covering job!!! Safe flying Bud!

tryingagain 07-18-2009 08:53 PM

Enjoy the flying. Enjoy the repairing. Enjoy the recovering.
Most of my covering jobs fall into the category of "good from far but far from good" and I have been doing this for a while now, so ease up on yourself. Congratulations! It sure looks good.

GaryHarris 07-19-2009 05:39 AM

Very good job!

jship 07-19-2009 08:36 AM

Most of all, You have accomplished something that few even try anymore. You should be very proud of what You have accomplished. If You chose to keep building each try will get better. When I built the Sig Four Star 60, that is all lazer cut, I found it boring. It was a great flying plane,just a boring build. When I built the 120 size, it is not all lazer cut, I found it to be a great build.
Most important, enjoy Yourself and the good people that You are going to meet through modeling!

John