RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kit Building (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/)
-   -   Help me convince Hobbico to reissue... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/8994041-help-me-convince-hobbico-reissue.html)

EscapeFlyer 08-06-2009 12:14 AM

Help me convince Hobbico to reissue...

This thread is an opportunity for everyone to join in to convince Hobbico to re-issue a few amazing airplanes.

Bax,

You have been there for us before with the GP Ultra Sports, Super Sportsters, and I believe the Tracer was also re-issued. You worked on our behalf. You heard us and helped peolpe that make important decisions give us what we want. We are asking for you help again.

Please bring back the Carl Goldberg Extra, and the Lanier Stinger.

Now, I ask all modelers to band together:

Show Hobbico we appreciate their efforts to keep our hobby alive and growing. Show your interrest and desire to purchase these models and prove to them these will sell. Give them OVERWHELMING reason to re-issue these airplanes.

Thank you.
Ilikebipes
Brian

vpresley 08-06-2009 02:06 AM

RE: Help me convince Hobbico to reissue...

The Stinger series, Goldberg Extra 300, and the Goldberg Bucker Jungman !!!

NorfolkSouthern 08-06-2009 05:02 AM

Yes, definitely the Stingers. All of them! Plus, the Lanier Citabria needs to make a comeback, as it is probably the best flying plane I have.

NorfolkSouthern

squeakalong 08-06-2009 07:22 AM

And the REAL Goldberg Falcon 56 and Skylark kits issued with balsa instead of all the lite ply being used nowadays.

Soft landings.

Joe

av8djc 08-06-2009 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: vpresley

The Stinger series, Goldberg Extra 300, and the Goldberg Bucker Jungman !!!
I'll second the above. Especially the Bucker because there are few examples of that excellent airplane. There are LOTS of Extras to choose from but of course my favorite is the GB 300 of which I'm still flying a 12 year old one and have two kits on hand :)

We really need more Buckers. They are the finest flying bipe ever made plus so great looking. I have a Dave Platt 1/4 scale and a Pica 1/5 scale.

Dave

ArcticCatRider 08-06-2009 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All of the above.

Bring back, and maintain the "classic" Carl Goldberg line-up. Re-release the "Wring 'Em Out" videos on DVD.

Lanier Stingers....and the 1/4 scale Laser 200...a Leo Loudenslager Bud Light Laser.

EscapeFlyer 08-06-2009 10:27 AM

I'd LOVE to have a Goldberg Bucker Jungman Biplane!!!

Jim Clausen 08-06-2009 11:14 AM

For all of you Bucker Jungman fans. I have enough information and templates to create them. I have one for sale that has been flown about 20 times. It is Yellow with insignia blue details. Powered with an OS 120 and has been run in this airplane only..
Jim Clausen ([email protected])

EscapeFlyer 08-06-2009 11:18 AM

Personally, I'd like to see the kit released so I can buy and build my own.

Jim Clausen-

I'd be careful about this. I've heard of Hobbico understandably going after modelers that are "infringing" on their licenses this way.

optech 08-06-2009 01:21 PM

Not if isn't selling them for profit or selling the plans.

And even if they do all he has to do is scale 'em up or down a few percent. Hobbico does NOT own the rights to the Bucker Jungman.

EscapeFlyer 08-06-2009 01:43 PM

Focus- PLEASE!

We want these airplanes back on the market.

Thank you.
Brian

icegs 08-06-2009 06:27 PM

I want a 1/4 scale Laser. I was dumb enough to procrastinate, and didn't buy one when they were being cleared out.

WestCoastFlyer 08-06-2009 08:09 PM

I'm signing the petition to bring back the Goldberg Extra and Bucker Jungmann.

If these two kits are reissued I'll buy one of each.

DavidAgar 08-06-2009 09:17 PM

I want the Great Planes F-14 Tomcat and the F-4 kits released again. Good Luck, Dave

tailskid 08-06-2009 10:08 PM

Yes, bring back KITS.....lots of kits....many kits...............some of us have run out of our 'stash' :)

Showtime100 08-07-2009 09:44 AM

I don't fly aeorbatic planes but I'd buy any civilian type scale airplane kit I could afford. Especially .60 size or greater. Stinson, Beechcraft, Cessna, Taylorcraft, Fairchild, Piper, etc.

EscapeFlyer 08-07-2009 09:47 AM

This is going all over the place here.

I am asking to re-issue the Goldberg Extra 300, Bucker Jungman, and the Lanier Stinger. We need to stay zero'd in on this.

Thank you.

Gray Beard 08-07-2009 10:48 AM

I was never a fan of the Lanier kits but I did like the stinger well enough to buy another one. As for the CG kits I would like to have the Extra and Sukhoi brought back, I would have a couple of these kits in my shop.

WestCoastFlyer 08-07-2009 12:07 PM

As per Ilikebipes suggestion on another thread to promise to buy a kit if reissued I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I'd pre-order and pay right now if they officially reissued CG Extra and Bucker Jugmann kits. That's only selling two kits but it's a start.

rc-sport 08-07-2009 12:47 PM

I miss my Stinger[:o]

av8djc 08-08-2009 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: WestCoastFlyer

As per Ilikebipes suggestion on another thread to promise to buy a kit if reissued I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I'd pre-order and pay right now if they officially reissued CG Extra and Bucker Jugmann kits. That's only selling two kits but it's a start.
I'm down for the Bucker. I already have two Extras NIB kits :D

andrew66 08-08-2009 08:58 AM

If they brought back the stinger 120, I would definately buy one. I always liked the looks of these planes.

EscapeFlyer 08-10-2009 12:56 AM

-Bump!

EscapeFlyer 08-10-2009 09:15 AM

Bringing it back to the top to be seen! :D

Bax 08-10-2009 09:59 AM

Just so that you all know, we DO monitor threads like these. However, if a kit is out of production, we'd need to see several hundred different replies for a single item to be able to have enough of a level of confidence to re-introduce a kit. However, please be aware that some kits just won't be brought back because the condition of the tooling was such that it would not be economical to re-tool...those kits would basically need to be re-designed, re-tooled, and have all of the literature redone...not an inexpensive task unless we can be sure that sales will justify it. That's the problem with a lot of kits...they were well-liked by a very small number of modelers who bought one.