Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Caliber 30 Tail Probs

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Caliber 30 Tail Probs

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Camtek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber 30 Tail Probs

My caliber 30 tail doesn't respond as well as I would like it to when I am hovering at higher altitudes. There have been a couple of instances where I can give it full stick left of right and nothing happens. When I hover low, I can't make it mess up. I just wonder if it is something I am doing. If a helicopter is in a high hover coming down through its wash, can it make it do something like I described?
Any Ideas are appreciated.

Still learning
Old 06-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: Caliber 30 Tail Probs

That's a strange one! the rotor wash wouldn't affect the tail much at all as it's out of the wash in the hover. I'd be looking at the servo for intermittent faults. Also are you switching from normal to idle up 1 at all?

And of course check all the links and belts for slop and slipping.

Ian.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 PM
roy55

Make sure the pulleys that drive the tail are not slipping on the shafts. It happened to me, take JB Weld and glue the pulleys that drive the tail rotor on the shafts, front and rear. If, at this time it is not that, it WILL be in the future. In the rear the shaft wears because it is alumininum, in the front the pully wears because the shaft is steel.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:04 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

You might check you're endpoints on the tail pitch... if you are higher up, the tail might have to counter more torque. If you don't have enough throw programmed into the Gyro and/or TX, maybe you are using up your all of your tail pitch throw just to keep the heli from spinning due to the torque. The main blades spin clockwise, so the heli wants to spin counter-clockwise, or left, due to the torque, so your gyro (and/or revo mixing) will be adding right rudder just to compensate. If you use up all of your right rudder throw to keep it from spinning, you won't have any remaining throw to to make it rotate to the right.

Remember, with most HH gyros, the endpoints are set by the gyro, not the TX! With HH gyros, the endpoint adjust on the TX just determines how fast the heli will rotate with full right/left rudder stick input...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:35 PM
blue_collar2

I'm guessing the belt to the tail is loose. This happened to me, and under higher stress (full left/ right) it would slip. With time it caused a crash. I adjust it now by loosening the bolts holding the boom to the frame. Pull the boom out until the belt feels "right". I can push my belt in about 1/8 an inch at the front pulley.

Just my $0.02