Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Should i FLIP my Concept 30?

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Should i FLIP my Concept 30?

Old 06-17-2006, 10:06 AM
twigster
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i FLIP my Concept 30?

Hi Folks! I've got about 40 flights on my Concept 30 SX that i got on ebay. It's LEARNED me well!
It has an OS 32 and very short blades, i think 515's.. my question is, do you guys think it has enough power to do loops and rolls, or fly inverted? are you guys FLIPPING YOUR CONCEPTS?? The gang at my field seems to think it will not have enough power, or negative pitch... but what do they know with their fancy pants Raptors!

also, does anyone have know the definitive differences between the DX, SR, SX or all of the Concepts?? Is the SX the last one ?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Buck Rogers

Default RE: Should i FLIP my Concept 30?

well if u feel u want to flip your heli and have a bit of skill aswell just try it but i would recomend trying it at a hight altatude first so u have time to try and recuver if it goes bad..

..i hate trying new things with my heli but do it enyway because the rewards of pulling the trick off is great .......hehe but also be prepaird for a crash..i try not to think about that
Old 06-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Balsabasher
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Should i FLIP my Concept 30?

My limited knowledge of Concept history: spans late 80s to late 90s or over eleven years of Concept showing people the flying fun of helis. The order of models: DX, SE, SX, SR, SRT & SRX and the last version, VR in 32 & 46 sizes. The DX,SE, & SX were the shorter boom & mast group with the smaller blades. Each one after the DX offered more bearings, more metal mixing arms, and lighter fly paddles. Kind of V2, V3, etc. The SR, SRX, & VR were the longer blade group and are better at stunts. The SRT was more of a trainer version of the SRX. The VRs were the early birth of the 3D era. If you want to do stunts with a Concept, stick to a SRX or VR with a 37 engine. They will perform better and parts are more available. If it was my SX, I would enjoy it like you have been doing and buy a good used Raptor to learn stunts on. After all, why crash a good Concept when you can take it out on a Raptor!