Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Is The caliber 5 anygood?

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Is The caliber 5 anygood?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:36 PM
sm1nts2escape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is The caliber 5 anygood?

I really like the looks and size of this helli.I would be doing 3d with it.I have heard alot of bad things about it from runryder but I have also heard alot of good things. What do you think?Thanks
Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 AM
ross001

Default RE: Is The caliber 5 anygood?

Have a look at this http://www.littlerotors.com/articles...0206/index.asp
I'm considering a caliber 5 with hyper engine cause I've had so much good flying with my cal 30.

According to the review it's really good!

Ross
Old 07-27-2006, 04:37 PM
martintaesler

Default RE: Is The caliber 5 anygood?

Martins coments:

Hi!

I've had a Caliber 5 for about three months now and I really like the look and feel of it. OK, I'm a newbie at this but I have alot of experience with r/c models and I'm a really picky guy when it comes to quality. I've put an OS 50 Hyper Ring in and it's a joy everytime I start it (which is really easy). It gives alot of power, and I think it will be quite enough for advanced 3D.

The bad things about the Caliber 5 are really only two things:

1. It has, for reasons I don't understand, gotten a really bad reception on the market. It's a slow seller and you hardly ever read about anyone using it. And this is in contrast to most reviews, which gives the Caliber good grades on pretty much every level.

2. I'm not sure this is a problem anywhere else, but in Sweden the prices on spare parts from Kyosho really sucks! A tail boom for the Caliber 5 costs 5-6 times what a boom for say a Raptor 50 does. And Kyosho is a BIG brand in Sweden. Anyway, this shouldn't prevent anyone from buying a Caliber anywhere else...

Martin Taesler
Sweden