Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Concept 30 DX setup

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Kyosho Concept 30 DX setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 PM
evilhorse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Concept 30 DX setup

Hey yall, my buddy got a used Concept 30DX, it was built but never flown, and never setup properly, he has 0 pitch at full stick! im hoping someone can enlighten me here on how to set up the pitch curves/throttle curves. he has an old Futaba Conquest non-computer radio in it, any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
Old 04-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: Kyosho Concept 30 DX setup

I'd hate to set a 15 year heli up without a computer radio! You have your work cut out there my friend.

You need to set the pitch so it travels from -2 to +9 with +5 being at mid stick. The throttle curve will be difficult to setup without a computer setup as, ideally you don't want a totally linear setup. Something like:

Regards. Ian.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
evilhorse

yea tell me about it, the heli has been siting so long, everytime i work on it something else goes wrong, im ready to tell him to buy a new heli, how do i adjust the pitch mechanically is my question, the small links going to the blade grip? and do i have to have the flybar leveled a special way like on some of the JR heli's or no?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Cyberfyn

Adjust the pitch using what ever you can. As long as you get +5 at mid stick (and around half throttle) it should hover fine. Stick it on eBay & get a newer bird like a Raptpr or Caliber3. The old Kyosho's are collectors items now

Ian F.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
evilhorse

yea i tried telling him that, the heli is just gonna fall apart one day, he's puttin all the carbon stuff on it and he hasnt even flown it yet, im ready to tell him i wont work on it and force him to get something newer, the heli is such a bear to work on too
Old 04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
coffeenut11

i had one of those and there great to learn on and fly more smoothly than anything i have flown, much more forgiving too. tell him to get the cheapest computer radio he can afford and he will have a good flying machine. a pic of what mine looked like before i got rid of it is atatched.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47387.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	660627