Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

kyosho Caliber 30

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

kyosho Caliber 30

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:15 AM
l0n3i200n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho Caliber 30

Hi all

I have a C30 (Kyosho Caliber 30) and a Sanwa RD6000 Sport, according to the manual of the C30 the swashplate needs to be set to CP3F, but the Sanwa RD6000 sport can't setup a swashplate other than normal, or if someone know how to do it. Please post some instructions for me. I was wondering if it was possible to convert it to a normal swash without breaking the bank.

, Thanks
l0n3i200n
Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
rotocrash

Default RE: kyosho Caliber 30

The Caliber 30 can be set up as MMS (Mechanical Mixing System) or EMS (Electronic Mixing System). The only difference is in the connecting links. The instructions are very clear in the Caliber 30 manual.

Follow the instructions for MMS. This will set the helicopter to one servo for each function.

The ability to set the Caliber 30 to Mechanical or Electronic mixing is one of the nice features of this helicopter.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Cyberfyn

The RD6000 Super can be set for EMS & I though the menus in the sport and super were the same? If not then just set it up for MMS. Makes very little difference to flight.

Ian F.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
theecoop

is the mms the best setup for beginners....also maintenance manual shows mms setup in 2 locations on page 13 elevator lever and the aileron lever also on page 14 lever mounting locations also in the instruction manual page 16 shows FLS(normal-quick response) and RLS (training mode) with saftey bar being moved.

Question is this the mms complete setup?
Old 04-30-2008, 04:15 AM
Cyberfyn

I've never used the MMS setup, so can't really comment on it. But the heli response should be almost identical in MMS and EMS unless you are doing extreme 3D in which case I'd recommend EMS. MMS is the easiest to setup though, so in that respect it's better for a relative newb.

I'd also leave it as FLS and just add 40% expo to Elevator and Aileron to damp out the response.

Ian F.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM
theecoop

Thanks for info, should have my rx7000 from LHS friday (on order) still waiting on the gyro which was part of the trade deal I made ,but haven't recieved it yet 3 weeks now !!! really starting to annoy me about the trade deal I completed all my end of the deal ,but starting to feel Im getting the run around. Anyways still looking forward to flying the caliber soon.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Cyberfyn

Jeez, Three weeks.... I'd be climbing the walls !

Ian F.