Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Caliber 3 with Irvine .39

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Caliber 3 with Irvine .39

Old 03-25-2008, 08:17 AM
janfloris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber 3 with Irvine .39

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with a Irvine .39 motor on a Caliber 3? I am struggeling a bit to keep the headspeed constant during flight. (Only "up and down" hover at this stage). My pitch curves are -4, 4 and 9 for normal flight. I don't bother with Idle up 1 at this stage because of the motor not running as it should. I have a JR 2610 radio. At half throttle the engine sounds fine, but as I increase the pitch a little to almost 3/4, the revs drop. When I pull the stick down again, the revs increase and it sounds as if the engine reaches peak. (If you can call it peak at 60% throttle). My throttle curve is 20, 50, 60, 70, 100 for noraml mode. I am new to nitro helis, so I dont have much experience in setting the engine and knowing all of the sounds it should make. I have been flying airplanes for a few years, but my problem with the heli eninges is that unlike an airplane enige, you can't rev it up to full thorttle to hear if it peaks or not... [] . I suspect that the problem might lie with the low end tuning, but I'm not sure. Any comments will help. Thnks
Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: Caliber 3 with Irvine .39

Sounds like a mixture problem. Does the engine produce a lot of smoke and splutter when it loses power?

Ian F.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:34 AM
janfloris

Yes it does. If you bump full collective while in a hover the rmp (and obviously headspeed) drops.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Cyberfyn

First, try turning the main needle in by half a turn (clockwise) and see if that helps. You could also re-set the main needle to two and a half turns out from closed and go from there.

Ian F.