Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

caliber 30 sevro tray flex??

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

caliber 30 sevro tray flex??

Old 05-08-2003, 06:29 PM
ziomatrixacs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caliber 30 sevro tray flex??

hello i got my caliber 30 all set up yesterday (with ccpm) but when i turned it on i noticed that the entier front tray like were the gyro reciver batteries and all that go ,starting at the 6 screws that hold the tray in has flex in it i noticed this last night at a heli meeting but we didnt have the time to fix it i would like to know if i should use red thredlock and CA on the servo tray & screws and for the rest of it put red thredlock on all the screws one more thing for mounting the reciver in the front compartment on top of the switch should i wrap the reciver in rubber wrap and use gyo mounting tape because i would strap it down like on my raven but the gyro (senser and amp) and on\off swith is in the way but the tray flex is more important because it bends when i move the collective to min/max and i can hold the rest of the heli down but be able to twist the tray around is this normal !???
Old 05-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Vortexgen

mine did the same.

there are 3 causes...
1. you have the ball end on each servo horn greater than the 10-11mm from the centre of the servo as stated in the installation manual.
2. your AFR is set too high, therefore servo travel too far.
3. your endpoints are too high, if you adjust 1, adjust the other 2 the same.

i had my ball ends greater than the 11mm from servo center by using the outer hole on the servo horn. when i noticed mine flex up at full collective, i adjusted all my endpoints to 70%.

there are many homemade mods around that strengthen and support the tray. Kyosho has there own version available for $10.

i dont understand the rest of your sentence, but i simply used double sided tape for gyro, reciever, and battery. i havent had a problem like this, and have seen guys crash and reuse the above components without any problems.

hope this helps...
Old 05-09-2003, 06:00 PM
ziomatrixacs

i put some ca slow on the servo try and red locktite on the screws i hope i dont crash !!! but it will happen i meent in the other parts of the sentance you can twist the tray clockwise and counter clock wise
but you did help alot i also noticed my charge light for my jr 662 come on it only turns on when i got the tx pluged in but thats not at the top of my worries i got a jr 378 charger i can use =/ but that is not what we are talking about...
Old 05-09-2003, 08:59 PM
WillMac795

Vortexgen- where can you purchase the Kyosho stiffener?
Old 05-11-2003, 04:40 AM
Vortexgen

here is the link i use for all kyosho upgraded parts....
im going to post it in the forum.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/rc_model/cal..._option-e.html
Old 05-11-2003, 12:23 PM
ziomatrixacs

nice now its just where to find these parts i already got the swash plate from heliproz.com for $80 alot nicer looking then the plastic one umm ill be looking for the metal servo mount metal aielron/elevator arms and metal clutch (p/n CA3505) do i gotta buy a clutch shoe and and lineing for the clutch????they gotta make more parts for the caliber 30!!!!!!! thanks alot vortexgen o yes i forgot does this pacific rim place make ONLY parts for the caliber 30 and no other heli ???pacificrim
Old 05-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Vortexgen

i have most of the upgrades installed on mine, except the metal clutch, so im not sure what it comes with. Ill have a japanese friend call and find out.

i dont know about pacific rim. Im an aussie, on an assignment in japan for the next few months, so it was some japanese collegues that introduced me to all the upgraded parts.

i'll be taking photos of the upgraded caliber (mine) and post on the net. if anyone in the states are interested i may be able to order them on their behalf and post over. For some reason it is normal here to get about 25% off the quoted prices.