Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Caliber 120 The Facts

Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Caliber 120 The Facts

Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
loveing it
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliber 120 The Facts

Caliber 120 The Facts

It flys good. If you center the blades and only fly with a freshly full charged lipo. so when it starts loseing power or the tail is not holding time to charge the lipo . I am posting this because I have come a cross some bad feed back on this little heli on the web Thats just not true.

Caliber 120 FAQ
Caliber 120
There are several characteristics on the Caliber 120 that you should be aware of. They are normal and can be improved if the following recommendations are followed. Read all of the following notes as they relate to each other. As a staring point it is important to keep in mind this helicopter performs best in a very still environment. Flying in a room with significant air movement (A/C) can make the helicopter difficult to control.
Tail Rotor Wag:
It is normal for the tail rotor to was slightly. This condition will be worse if the helicopter has any vibration because the gyro is set to a high gain to keep the tail under control. (Major source of vibration is main blades are either too loose or too tight) With a fresh battery charge it may also be more pronounced.
Tail Control:
With a full battery charge, if the throttle is changed aggressively, either to climb or descend, the gyro can overcompensate. When the battery becomes low on charge the helicopter will still hover however, the tail rotor may not be able to keep up with the torque changes even if you are giving an input. For optimum enjoyment it is important to keep good batteries in the transmitter so it will fully charge the flight battery.
Battery Charging:
If the transmitter shows a voltage below 5.1 volts a full charge cannot be achieved in the helicopter battery. With a fresh set of alkaline batteries it is normal to get between 6 to 8 recharges of the helicopter battery. When using NiMH batteries it is normal to get 3 to 4 recharges if they are freshly charged.
Helicopter Wobble:
If the helicopter wobbles in flight this is caused by the main rotor blades being too loose. They should be tight enough that it takes light pressure to make them move. If they are too tight they will not find center. The best way to be sure they pull out straight is to hold the helicopter in your hand and move the throttle up to full power and then back to 0. This should center the blades. If you feel vibration in the machine during this procedure they may be too tight. Look at the blades and visually see if they appear to be straight across from each other. By doing this the helicopter will be perfectly smooth and hover better which makes the gyro work more efficient.

Highlights
Helicopter Wobble this is caused by the main rotor blades being too loose are too tight
Tail Control: When the battery becomes low on charge the helicopter will still hover however, the tail rotor may not be able to keep up
Tail Rotor Wag.( vibration) (Major source of vibration is main blades are either too loose or too tight) With a fresh battery charge it may also be more pronounced.

It’s a vere small lite heli. For fun I have got the heli a foot awaw from my face blown it out of the way. It’s just that small. After flying it my t-rex 450 flys like a boat so I would not think it would be good for someones first heli.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:15 AM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Caliber 120 The Facts

Is it as fun as it looks? I am wanting one. What about quality/ease of replacing parts?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
jrizzle

Ordered mine today. Got it NIB for $150.00 off ebay.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM
jrizzle

I love mine! This is no TOY! It is very sensitive but a great challenge! This is a very kool very small heli. I would not recommend this to a newbie. If you are a seasoned heli pilot this little guy is for you. Heres some pictures of mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37543.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1138100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88460.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	1138101  
Old 02-20-2009, 10:41 PM
jrizzle

It can be flown! Fun heli. Wish more people had one
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70305.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1140863  
Old 02-21-2009, 01:02 PM
jrizzle

New link for the Type R version coming soon! [link]http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=104558[/link]
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 PM
mediclavina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jrizzle

New link for the Type R version coming soon! [link]http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=104558[/link]
I would have gotten one if that version came out first. I just don't like the looks of the original 120.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
jrizzle

Selling mine in the ad section. Need more Blade CPP2 stuff.