Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Nexus 30 replacement muffler

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

Nexus 30 replacement muffler

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:28 AM
TCipolla
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nexus 30 replacement muffler

Hi All,

Just bought a heli-max nexus 30 replacement muffler as the original broke off after a flight. I put it on the engine no problems, and ran it for the first time yesterday. First, it sounds entirely different than the stock muffler, and second, I believe it is putting way to much pressure into the tank, causing the fuel to look like a freshly poured can of soda, which in turn is pushing bubbles into the motor causing it to lean out. Does anybody else have this muffler on an O.S 32?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:34 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Nexus 30 replacement muffler

If you are getting lots of bubbles in the tank, it may be a vibration, could be that the new muffler has changed the mixture settings.  You can always put a header tank on

I tossed the stock muffler before I even put it on.  I bought a Hatori muffler for mine.  I have used it from day one.  Not sure you can find those any more.  They were pretty quiet and gave the motor better performance.

Dru.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
TCipolla
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nexus 30 replacement muffler

I found the problem this morning...the muffler was loose, so I took it off completely, reattached it, threadlocked and all that, now it runs like it did before, no more bubbles, and its much quieter.

Thanks for the reply!!