Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

NEED ADVICE ON MY FIRST HELI..

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

NEED ADVICE ON MY FIRST HELI..

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED ADVICE ON MY FIRST HELI..

i need advise on my first nitro helicopter.
i am thinking about a nitro kyosho.i have had helicopters before but they were electric.basicly i have zero knowledge about nitro helis [i have nitro &largescale cars] but i want to skip the beginner stuff and kits and get a good one,hense this one i mentioned,i want to learn on this regardless....i learn quick...and like i say i have had elec helis before..

it may be next year some time before i purchase or even christmas but i need to learn the inns and outs.

any advice most welcome and very apriciated.

dc2 man
Old 08-21-2009, 02:04 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: NEED ADVICE ON MY FIRST HELI..

If you're that far out I'd suggest coming back when you're close to purchasing.

There's a lot of good nitro helicopters on the market today, there will probably be more by that time.

What all do you want to know?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
JFERA22

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

i need advise on my first nitro helicopter.
i am thinking about a nitro kyosho.i have had helicopters before but they were electric.basicly i have zero knowledge about nitro helis [i have nitro &largescale cars] but i want to skip the beginner stuff and kits and get a good one,hense this one i mentioned,i want to learn on this regardless....i learn quick...and like i say i have had elec helis before..

it may be next year some time before i purchase or even christmas but i need to learn the inns and outs.

any advice most welcome and very apriciated.

dc2 man
Hay dc2 man jfera22 here my advice to you would be to go with a 50 size nitro heli. it is a great heli. to start with ,it will take you from the beginner stadges all the wal to advanced full blown 3D.,It's a popular size. you can set it up to do advanced full blown 3D right when you build it ,then you can tame it down through your radio for the beginning stages and as you progress you just go in to th radio and change the settings to what ever you want. The one most important thing I would do is RESEARCH!! I would check here,on RCuniverse and on some of the other popular forums like www.runryder.com, rcheliforums.com and Helifreek.com they all have great info on every kind of heli there is. That's the beauty of these forums you got the info at your finger tip's USE IT!!! I can't stress that enough. as far as the Kyosho heli's. go they are a great beginner heli, But let me warn you the costomer support suks! big time. ther is only one web store that carry's every thing kyosho and that's Chris at rcheliworks.com if he doesn't have it he will get it for you. That's where I bought my Caliber 5 at ,but if I was you and you were going to go Kyosho I would get the Caliber 6. I hope this helps you out a little with your decision, and like I said earlier DO THE RESEARCH!!!! ie: what problems people had while building ,what mod's guy's made to them during buliding the feedback on how well they fly and the qulity of the part's in the kit,and most important customer support!!! good luck and happy flying !!!!
JFERA22
Old 08-21-2009, 06:27 PM
dc2 man
Banned

jfera22

thanks a lot man......sound advice there. thanks lads for the advice.ah im new to this hobby at all i have had r/c models for years and years,i spend all my time over on the largescale section,but basicly i want to build up my knowledge about the flying of these.

so how many servos are usually required for these? man they would want to be good ones cause i dont want it coming down,basicly would i get away with a largescale 1/5th rc car size servo?..... is there special transmittors required or would say the likes of my futaba 3pm work alright?

would petrol/gas as ye say here in states be better than glowfuel/nitro??

see i have so many questions lads.

mr mod on top thats why i posted this really just to build up some pointers before my purchase,im the type of fella that could walk away tomorrow and arrive on with one if the pocket allowed lol

roughly i will have one for xmas which isnt too far away now really....
Old 08-21-2009, 07:03 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

You need 5 servos and 5 channels (minimum) for a nitro heli, a 7 channel is better. You need either a helicopter radio or one capable of helicopter programming.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 PM
JFERA22

jfera22

thanks a lot man......sound advice there. thanks lads for the advice.
Your welcome!

would petrol/gas as ye say here in states be better than glowfuel/nitro??
NO!! NO!! No gas in a nitro heli. but they do sell "Gasser's" heli's. that do run on gas.

mod on top
Modification or to customize or change something from it's original form.
good luck
Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 PM
dc2 man
Banned

baracudahockey cheers man......good to know that.

quote:

mod on top
Modification or to customize or change something from it's original form.
good luck

lol i was referring to the moderators comment on top there lol.......i know what modification means..

thanks anyway..
Old 08-22-2009, 04:47 AM
JFERA22

Now were both lol!!