RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Kyosho Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/)
-   -   kyosho for newbies? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kyosho-helicopters-215/745187-kyosho-newbies.html)

Clashmm05 05-05-2003 12:09 AM

kyosho for newbies?

hey, long time R/C er and want to get into helicopters, are kyosho nexsus, concept good kit for beginners? i'm looking into .30 size helis...also what is the most reliable engine for this class.. i would appreciate any suggestions or comments, thanks guys!
Clashmm05

wmueller10 05-05-2003 02:16 AM

kyosho for newbies?

The Nexus is a excellent trainer helicopter. Then later on, you can add a scale body on it like the Bell 206 for entry level fun flying.

The Nexus however, is not a 3-D heli,,, no amount of up-grades will turn this trainer into a 3-D'er,,, you'll need a raptor V-2 for that.

As for the engine,,, the OS .32 SX is my preferred choice,,, the most realiable engine I've ever used
Willi

powerglide 05-05-2003 12:48 PM

kyosho for newbies?

Partner>>>>>>>>>>>> speaking for myself, Ive had good luck with the kyosho models although not the top of the line for 3D, set up right and good pilot can do pretty much anything, parts availibility is said to be scarce, the parts are out thier. right now the raptor is the hot item and you can find parts everwhere, if your gonna be dealin with helis you need plenty spare parts.

MooseLoad 05-05-2003 07:04 PM

kyosho for newbies?

Save yourself some time and money in the long run and go with the Caliber 30. Can't beat belt drive...no need to mesh the gears perfectly, CCPM is a WONDERFUL thing and with pre-made linkages how can ya go wrong...ya simply cant.
If your looking for a 30 helicopter try the caliber.

My .02 worth :)

AeroDave 05-05-2003 07:07 PM

kyosho for newbies?

I got the Caliber and flew it for the forst time this weekend. All went well. Its a well made ship that is very stable. It appears to be plenty responsive, too, for later on. Its a good bet. Go for it!

WOS 05-06-2003 02:12 AM

kyosho for newbies?

The nexus has more plastic than metal. All the balls and ball links are plastic and these wear fast. I agree with the rest. Get a Caliber. It can be set up one of two ways. One setup is for the beginner with very slow and predictable movements on the pitch. The other allows fast 3d without modifacations...but ne thing I would definaly invest in as I did is replace the plastic mixing arms with metal ones. You can get them at pacific rim helicopters

powerglide 05-06-2003 03:23 AM

kyosho for newbies?

partner>>>>>>>>>>>>as you can see everybody has thier own opinion, best thing to do is do whats right for you, goodluck

dporter 05-09-2003 09:03 PM

kyosho for newbies?

I taught myself to fly with a Concept 32VR / OS32. Good quality, full bearings, doesn't need a shaft starter, and can easily be set up for 3D after learning the basics.

Clashmm05 05-10-2003 11:57 PM

kyosho for newbies?

hey guys thanks for all the advice, i'm totally into getting a caliber now but i have limited funds where is the best place to get one with an engine, pref. pullstart.. ?

MooseLoad 05-11-2003 12:17 AM

kyosho for newbies?

www.heliproz.com

Best prices I have found on most anything. Look at the web site and then call the 800 number to place the order...the prices are almost always cheaper when you call.

Den 05-11-2003 03:31 AM

Raptor

Great trainer and 3D . Modular type design perfect with O.S. and metal swashplate. Just my opinion I own both. ALways use a header tank with whatever you go with.