Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

My Corona.....maybe! Voyager?

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

My Corona.....maybe! Voyager?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Rcman4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Corona.....maybe! Voyager?

Hey, how is does this look to everyone? Fix anything I have forgoten....Also should I get the voyager lg? Is it easier to learn on? What about with training gear? Thanks all

FROM ROFFEE- [email protected]
$1-LMH 00120 Basic Kit….........................175.00
$1-Crown gear Tb ....................……………...5.10
$1-TailBoom in colors .............…………….. 8.50
$1-Main Blades STD color..........…………....8.50
$1-LMH 95874 Pinion 9-th......................…...5.95
$1-LMH 65864 Lite Lube Grease........….......3.40
$1-LMH 11773 Lite Lube Oil....................…..2.55
$1-JR VE Landing Gear set. …….………….14.40
$1-Tail Blades a pair…………………………8.50
$1-T-Boom Drive Pinion……………….…….4.25
$1-T-Boom Drive Wire…………..…………..4.70

FROM TOWERHOBBIES-
#1-Kyosho Atomic Force....………………...19.99
#1-Futaba GY-240.......…........…….………...115.99
#1-Thread Lock………………………………2.79
#3-Deans Ultra Plug……………………….....8.97
#3-Servo ext 6''...........................................…1 1.87
#1-Mini Ant. (Deans)…………………………9.99
#1-Lexan Scissors…………………………….7.59

Grand Total = $518.04
Old 09-11-2003, 05:38 AM
gmaster

Default RE: My Corona.....maybe! Voyager?

well other then having $1 in front instead of #1 looks good.. dont forget Thick and Thin CA Glue Mike Roffee KNOWS his stuff.. you wont get a better deal from anyone but him.. the voyager landing gear is what I ran from the start so I cant tell you if there is any difference from the original but I will tell you that having the battery mounted below gives better stability.. with that said I know tons of people who run the battery in the stock location with no problems.. it just depends on you.. i think it looks KILLER with the voyager landing gear IMO just make sure if you do it that way to buy batteries in a configuration that will fit right.. I had already ordered my batteries in a ||||||| pattern (all standing side by side) and it doesnt fit so well in the voyager landing gear but it still works you would want ===| design or something similar.. btw you dont say what kind of batteries or where you are going to get them from.. if you decide NiCd or NiMH, I got my 6 packs made at www.batterystation.com . I called them up on the phone.. asked to talk to the guy that makes the battery packs.. and told him what design I wanted (they have a list on their site). Told him what batteries i wanted and they will build your packs for $5 extra (over the cost of the cells) and will even put a female Deans ultra connector on them for free. Saves time soldering.. I saved lots of money by doing it that way.. already built packs can sometimes cost 10-20$ more.. go figure.. anyways.. just some ideas.. as for the training gear.. build it yourself.. very simple... 2 wooden dowels.. criss-cross in the middle.. glue on (CA) 4 plastic practice golf balls (look like wiffle balls) or some similar balls... then either rubber band the dowels onto the landing gear or use wire ties (thats how I did it) and there you have it. less then $5 training gear. [8D]

Good luck.. you are going to have so much fun btw What about electronics? what receiver are you going to use..? servos? transmitter.. etc..etc..
Old 09-11-2003, 12:53 PM
DCFLYYER
My Feedback: (5)

I would add a main shaft. and maybe another 1 or 2 deans cn. I'm going to send Mike a order myself.
Dennis
Old 09-11-2003, 06:13 PM
gmaster

mainshaft... you can use music wire from LHS.. much cheaper and just as strong.. and straight

do a search u will see what i mean
Old 09-11-2003, 06:41 PM
DCFLYYER

gmaster;
I know alot of people are using the 5/32 wire even checked stock when I got my corona a few days ago and have 2) 3' sections. It seems it works ok but then I read in another forum about it (wire) being alittle smaller. They're probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. Have you checked them with a mic? See What I get now I'll have to pull out the mic tomorrow.

The Deans I had to make 2 trips for because I needed to make adaptors for my charger, and repaired a pack.

I'm new to the corona and would like suggestions on parts to keep on hand.. I also see alot of pictures of Coronas that are not using tail rotor control wire guides whats your take on that? (pic on roffeys site)
Thanks
Dennis
Old 09-12-2003, 07:37 AM
gmaster

dcflyer.. ah i gotcha.. i never seen that before.. the shaft on my corona was straight *knock on wood* from the get go.. that doesnt mean it might get bent in a crash.. so I would go with the music wire just because of the cost.. i would check the thickness though with a micrometer... good idea...

as for the control wire guides... i used them on mine.. and one happen to fly away on its own after a boom strike so I am down to one.. some people dont use them some people do.. I never had any trouble using them.. so best bet is to follow the instructions in the manual if this is your first corona.. you really cant go wrong w/this thing.. it is a great beginner heli..

good luck..
Old 09-12-2003, 10:10 PM
DCFLYYER

Just finished comparing the main rotor shaft with 5/32 wire if there's a difference I sure can't tell My mic measures .001 of a inch. SO I'll be making a few. Thanks gmaster for the Info

Regards
Dennis
Old 09-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Rcman4life

Hey, I've just been searching around on the web and found helihobby.com. The price wasn't quite as good as Roffee, but then after talking to them for a little while I realized that they can get me everthing that I need for less than Roffee. Has anybody bought from helihobby? Just wondering what everyone thinks. Thanks
-Brett