Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

what to buy with a corona

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

what to buy with a corona

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 04:23 PM
davidjacob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to buy with a corona

hey all

I have been tossing around the idea of getting a corona electric. what should i buy. I hear people say to get brushless motors. Is there a site i can order these machines from. who and what do you all recommend?

Thanks
Dave
Old 10-14-2003, 04:41 PM
gmaster

Default RE: what to buy with a corona

best guy to deal with is Mike Roffee at www.roffeetvhobby.com .. dont email him better to give him a call in the afternoon.. he knows his stuff and has great prices.. i got almost all my stuff from him.. i got my brushless motor from nippondave at www.aircraft-world.com but Mike Roffee has brushless combos for a good price
Old 10-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Rob Schaffer

I second the notion to get a brushless from Dave at Aircraft world, great prices, great shipping!! I haven't flown without the Hacker in the heli, but the stock kits that I have seen fly aren't as smooth in transitions of the throttle. If we can get together this Sunday, (or sometime soon) I can show you my instruction booklets and my setup, with the Hacker C40-12S motor.

[8D]
Old 10-19-2003, 12:25 PM
cherikeered

I'm looking at converting to electric but I don't know what the numbers mean after the name hacker. What are the differences between hackers and why do you use the C40-12s?
Old 10-19-2003, 12:32 PM
cherikeered

Also, which speed controller, and do you know if the hacker will fit into an eolo?
Old 10-19-2003, 10:21 PM
tocano

Yes definitely get a brushless. I should have got one too myself. My Corona is only 3 months old and the AF motor is not generating enough power anymore, still plenty of brushes left. I probably damaged the magnet.

The different in price between af motor+ cc pegasus and mega 16/15/3 and cc Phoenix is like $85 dollars. Though I never try one myself everyone say it's practically maintenance free, longer duration and more power.

Brushed motor just don't last very long, I know some people have more luck with it. I personally have gone through quite a few on my Hummingbird heli in 3 months.

I have the same question as cherikeered since I know will need to get a brushless setup. I know people have success with mega 16/15/3 on eolo and I would think C40-12s will be even better? If I get C40-12s do I definitely need a one way gear on the Corona? I heard it will strip the gear if I don't while with mega 16/15/3 it's okay?
I have problem with glitches so my brushless setup will be with a non CC esc, maybe Kontronik esc. Any comment about this esc for brushless?

By the way what is the hover time with C40-12s and 8 cells cp2400?

Thank you.