Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

New Darth LMH Fuselage A350

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

New Darth LMH Fuselage A350

Old 12-01-2003, 03:41 PM
darthdrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Darth LMH Fuselage A350

Here it is. This is the first Prototype. So far its looking good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36350.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	78901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92298.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	78902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68335.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	78903  
Old 12-01-2003, 05:03 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: New Darth LMH Fuselage A350

AWSOME!!![8D]
Old 12-01-2003, 06:02 PM
T.W.

Fantastic!

Tony
Old 12-09-2003, 07:26 PM
skyhawknut

What will the price be for this beauty?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:06 PM
darthdrk

Price: It will be around the same price as the Bell 222. $49.99 Hopefully in the near future i will be able to revise the prices a tad bit downward.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:29 PM
darthdrk

As my fuselages gain popularity, I plan a few more designs for the following year to come. Im looking at the AH-64 apache in 2004. Also, I have a newer molding process. I will be redesigning a few fuselages that I produce. The Bell 206 Jet Ranger will be reworked. Also the Hughes 500E will have a 500D conversion. The Huey will sometime in 2004 be reworked. More detailing will be added. These are some of the plans I have for 2004. If you guys have any fuselage designs you wouldnt mind seeing give me a hollar. Keep in mind the tail rotor position. There is someone working on an elevated tail for the LMH for such fuselages designs as the Apache. Ive thought about a Blue Thunder design. Im also thinking about doing some chassis work also. Just some insight, I have the apache drawing scaled up for the LMH already.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:40 PM
skyhawknut

Just a curiosity question. How do you make your molds? I mean do you carve and glass a foam block? Also I have made some plaster plugs from vacuformed plastic kit parts I had. Would they survive vacuforming new parts?
Old 12-10-2003, 09:56 AM
darthdrk

Dont even think of making a mold out of foam and then glassing it or even bondo. Vacuum molds get very hot when mass producing. Foam and bondo will get soft. Youre molds will have to be made out of a hard material. You can use wood but alot of sanding and sealing. also wood molds will have to be periodically maintained. Plaster casts seemingly should work. One of the best ways Ive heard of is to get you a good piece off of a plug and do what is called an epoxy/aluminum cast. Its a mixture of epoxy and aluminum. Its workable for a while after it sets up. within a two week time frame, it can be sanded. After about two weeks, Its hard as steel and permanent. Also finding the stuff isnt easy and its expensive. Its still cheaper than having a solid metal mold made. If you use wood, heat will eventually compromise the mold, you will have to worry about splitting, warping, bending, woodgrain showing on the product.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:26 PM
cherikeered

You can also use hydrocal or ultracal which are gypsum based plasters for a vacuum form mold. In mass production they will eventually wear down but if you are just playing around they work great. Darth, I am currently starting to design a Russian Hind fuselage with retracts and a modified tail(weird 45 degree angle in tail). Once the collective head comes out i may design a 5 blade main rotor and a 3 blade tail(a big maybe, I have to see it first). My goal is to get as close to scale as possible even if I have to heavily modify the stock components. If you are interested I may decide to give you the molds when I'm done cause I dont plan on producing any. I already have a working missle launching system installed that I will convert to fit on the "winglets" of the Hind. Its really cool to see a rocket shoot off of the side while in a hover. Here is a horrible pic from a webcam until I get a good photo or video. Note the blue launch servo and dual launch rails.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61540.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	81315