Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Refugee

Old 09-14-2004, 06:55 AM
rbrown3rd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refugee

Hi guys. We made the decision to evacuate West Palm Beach on the Thursday before Hurricane Frances hit our home town. We took off at 4 am in our motorhome and headed up to South Carolina where I am now. We parked our camper in my mom and dad's front yard. I left my Corona at home so no flying. My good friend and neighbor tells me that our house was undamaged and that several packages arrived for me including my new CF tail boom from Matt and my new 8 cell battery pack. We are hanging out up here until Hurricane Ivan clears out and until the grocery stores and gas stations return to near normal in West Palm Beach. That has almost happened but Ivan the Terrible is headed for the Gulf Coast. Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know we are ok.

Bob
Old 09-16-2004, 09:04 PM
askman

Default RE: Refugee

cool. glad that you made it safe. hopefully you got all your boom materials as well. I just got the 7mm kit and talk about smooth power....
Old 09-17-2004, 08:09 AM
rbrown3rd

Default RE: Refugee

Heard from my neighbor and it sounds like all of my upgrade materials arrived. We are still in SC now watching Tropical Storm Jeane and it looks like it will threaten the SE Coast somewhere. We are in standby mode anxious to get home but not willing to drive into harms way. Will probably know more next week. Another storm has formed off the coast of Africa behind Jean. What an active season.