Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

CORONA TAIL BOOM PROTECTOR IDEA!

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

CORONA TAIL BOOM PROTECTOR IDEA!

Old 09-15-2004, 12:27 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CORONA TAIL BOOM PROTECTOR IDEA!

Been flying around my Corona, and like everyone else I've had my share of Boom Strikes! But I have an idea I'd like to share with you guys that has proven to be a success. If you go to any home depot store you will find foam sleves for pipes in all different sizes.
You can slip it on as a solid sleve or you can open the pre-cut slit down the center to install it on an already built corona without having to remove the tail boom or tail rotor. I've also found that Tower hobbies Monokote Self adhesive trim sheets work well to keep the foam strong incase of a boom strike, plus it looks nicer than just the plain foam. I've already had a boom strike with this foam inplace and the slippery monokote trim sheet also helps the blade to slide around the tail boom in the event of a strike. It sounded like someone popped a paper bag during the boom strike, but their was no damage to anything! See the photos below
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38653.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	173630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22481.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	173631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65294.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.9 KB