Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 116 Blades ??? >

116 Blades ???

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

116 Blades ???

Old 09-26-2004, 01:16 AM
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 116 Blades ???

As mentioned in earlier posts, this is my first time at building a fixed pitch heli.
The blades that came with the kit are S2 13X5 which I assume have 5 degrees of pitch. (At least they look like they do)
The manual indicates to use one six grip and one 4 grip which will give me a net of 5 degrees of pitch in the grips.
Is a total of 10 degrees correct ??

What has me confused is that all of the blades I find on various websites, including Lite Machines, are S2 13X0.

Also the manual indicates that the heli should fly with 5 or 6 degrees.
Do I have the wrong blades or am I just calculating wrong ??

It is apparantly not unusual for Lite Machines to get the wrong parts in their kits. Mine was shipped with a head for a VMax 7 rather than the VMax 6.
When I called to get the correct one they didn't seem to be suprised that the wrong part was shipped with the kit.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:07 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: 116 Blades ???

All I can tell you is that the number of raised dots on each blade grip indicates which pitch it is, (For example the 6 degree blade grip has 6 raised plastic dots on it), and so the kit should have one grip with 6 raised dots and the other grip should have 4 raised dots. The Pitch is in the Blade Grips, Not the Blades, as far as I know all the blades are the same.
So long as you have a 6 degree & 4 Degree Grip, you should be ok.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:59 PM

The blade markings are what have me confused.
The ones that came with the kit are S2 13X5 which indicates to me that they have 5 degrees pitch.
The blades Lite Machine sells on their website are S2 13X0 which looks like 0 degrees.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:16 AM
My Feedback: (3)

You are correct, a 13x5 blade has 5° of pitch and the 13x0 has 0° they sell diffrent blades with diffrent pitches (obviously) my 117 kit came with S2 10x5 blades and it was too responsive in a hover with the 6° grips so I went to 10x2 blades on the 6° grips and it hovers smoothe as glass. How they come up with the overall pitch I havnt figured out yet.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:36 AM

Dreddi,
Thanks for the info.
Just talked to LMH and I should have 10X5 blades with 2 degree grips which provides a total of 7 degrees pitch.
They are sending me the correct stuff.

To calculate the total pitch you add the blade pitch + the grip pitch.
If you install different pitch grips, such as one 6 and one 4, this would give you a net of 5 degrees grip pitch, then add in the blade pitch.

Since you have 2 degree blades and 6 degree grips, the total is 8 degrees.
It you install one 6 and one 4 grip you would have 7 degrees total pitch.