Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Cart before the Horse

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Cart before the Horse

Old 10-03-2004, 10:39 PM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cart before the Horse

I bought a Caliber 30 a few months ago, not knowing at that time there was an LMH. (or anything smaller than a 30 for that matter)
Anyway, I had a complete mastrey of hovering the Cal 30 anywhere from 1 to 30 ft after a few weeks.
Forward flight seemed to be a forbidden zone to me. Every time I tried it, I would get tense, begin to loose orientation, and come back to my comfortable hover.
After discovering the LMH, I bought a 116. This amazing little machine has provided me the means to overcome my doubts in my ability.
I guess not being afraid of crashing the 116, I put it into forward flight on the second outing and haven't looked back.
This allowed me the guts to put the Cal 30 in forward flight and I accomplished it with no problems.
I am not interested in 3D, just like to fly around.

My only problem now is that I like the 116 so well that I fly it more than the 30.

Point is !!!
The 116 has proven itself to me to be one of the best beginner helis around.
I have had several crashes with the 116 but have yet to replace a part. I am flying though with a blade struck boom and TR gearbox that is epoxied together.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:49 PM
askman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cart before the Horse

I agree. I have an eolo which is fully 3D capable(totaly upgraded too), but it sits most of the time as I am afraid to fly it in front of my house (limited space and cost of repair). I fly low with my corona going figure 8 in 20x40 area, stall turns, 540 stalls etc not to mention trimming the occasional tree that gets in the way and I fly between 0 to 30', and most of the time below 10' it is fully upgraded, but even stock one could do almost as well. (upgrade mostly for durability and flyability) Even a full crash results in set of blade at worst and possibly a boom. I would have destroyed several other helis by now.