Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Quick Charge Question about Lipos >

Quick Charge Question about Lipos

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Quick Charge Question about Lipos

Old 04-22-2005, 11:08 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Charge Question about Lipos

I have a Corona 120 helicopter that I had just recently converted to use 2 lipo batteries in a Parallel Circuit. Both Lipos are 3 cell 11.1v 2000 mAh each, when the heli is flying with the 2 lipos in parallel circuit, the combined batteries give me 11.1v 4000 mAh and that works great giving me lots more flying time! But I have been charging the batteries one at a time instead of in combo parallel, is it safe to charge them both at the same time using the Parallel circuit wire harness? Would I set my trition charger to 11.1v 3 or maybe 4 amps to charge both at the same time instead of the present charge setting of 11.1v 2amp that I use now to charge them one at a time?
Old 04-22-2005, 11:34 PM

Default RE: Quick Charge Question about Lipos

triton can only go to 2.5amp, and if you want to make your pack last longer, I would charge them at lower current. charge them separately. it is safer.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:42 PM
My Feedback: (17)

I thought so, I feel more comfortable charging them seperatly, Thanks Askman........
Old 04-25-2005, 07:18 PM

You can get an astro109. I have a 3s2p 4160ma on my carona120 and charge them together. the 109 can go to 8 amps. Don't go over 4.16amp for safe charging. 1 amp per 1000ma.
Donnie