Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Balistic upgrades

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Balistic upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 10:07 PM
jhbwaller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balistic upgrades

Are the upgrades from Balistic Technologies worth the money? I ordered the tail and belt drive over a month ago, but have not recieved anythng yet. I am concidering canceling the order because of delivery failure or shipping failure. Has any one else had trouble with them? Is Balistic Tech a good company? Any advice?

Thanks

Jhbwaller
Old 09-28-2005, 01:06 AM
gadget01

Default RE: Balistic upgrades

I ordered the hyperdrive belt-drive conversion and the 7mm titanium main shaft. These upgrades have made a huge difference in my Corona. The order did take a while to arrive, but these upgrade parts are hand machined with great precision and are high quality so it's worth the wait. I just ordered the belt-drive conversion for the tail rotor and the upgraded tail rotor box. Matt emailed me and said he would be out of town for a bit so there would be a delay in the order. He responded to my reply quickly. Give him the time he needs to fill your order properly and you won't be let down.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:12 AM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

Gadget01's response is exactly what one should read if waiting on parts from Matt. You will not be disappointed.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:17 AM
RK-Aircraft
My Feedback: (81)

Dido!! I have met Matt Schumaker and he's a great guy. Be patient, he works out of his garage, but his product is 2nd to none. I am planning to have him do some upgrades for me. He has created some hybrid heli that are truely spectacular. Keep the faith.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:53 AM
jhbwaller

Ok, I will wait. Thanks for the input.

Jhbwaller
Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 PM
sandiegoflyin

there is a full set of BT upgrades on sale in the want ads, item 149278, great savings
Old 01-15-2006, 05:07 PM
gadget01

The lineup of Ballistic upgrades I have installed:

1. 7mm main shaft
2. billet swash
3. belt drive tail conversion
4. crazy case tail rotor case
5. hyperdrive main shaft belt drive
6. carbon tail boom
7. aluminum tail boom mount with belt idlers
8. aluminum motor mount

She flies so much better than the stock setup could ever hope to do, and will survive much longer.

I wish I had a machinist lathe and cnc mill and the time to learn how to use these tools to make the upgrade parts myself, but the wheel is already invented. Thanks Matt!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Heli Mod Man

I am glad you Guys are happy with your upgrades. I have to appologize for the delays. I am now working out of a shop rather than my home and it has made a world of difference getting parts out quickly. Also, there are now two of us working BT. So, everything goes out faster. I machine parts while Todd packs and ships in the other room of the shop. It works wonderfully.

Anyway, I hope to have a complete 3D heli available by April!

Matt
Old 02-02-2006, 11:41 AM
gadget01

Converting this bird from fixed to collective pitch should make quite a difference I think. I may have to reconsider the elevated tail mod to make it the ultimate smoothy after the CP head is installed. I suppose there is a set of idler pulleys in the bend. With this added resistance, is there any noticable reduction in flight time?
Old 02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Heli Mod Man

I haven't noticed any difference between the elevated tail and a straight tail with belt drive (as for flight time). The TR is rotating faster than stock, so you may notice a very small reduction in flight time over the stock wire drive setup. But, I doubt it. I have not noticed any difference. However, every setup is unique.

Matt