Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Tail gears slipping >

Tail gears slipping

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Tail gears slipping

Old 02-15-2006, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail gears slipping

Here I go again, someone help me. I solved my gyro problems in another post and was flying great. Now the two red gears in the rear housing are not engaged. Anything I can do to tighten the connection? I looked at the gears tonight they are worn but not broken. Or should I just go to the belt drive. I don't mind spending the money.
Thanks!
Ross
Old 02-16-2006, 02:19 PM

Default RE: Tail gears slipping

Hi Ross,
In my experience, once the tail rotor case bolt has been tightened, the boom gets dented which makes future adjustments difficult. Because the tail rotor case wants to return to this previously established position. I have the Ballistic Technologies TR belt drive kit and I am very happy with it. Well over 75 flights no problems. Hope this helps.

Beaner
Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Tail gears slipping

I agree with beaner. I have 2 120's, one with a belt drive and the other without. I'm ordering a 2nd belt drive today because I'm tired of the same problem you're experiencing. If I have a particularly bad landing (I"m still learning) and my tail gets a bend, I don't have to worry about striped gears. Same holds true if the tail blades catch on some high grass and stop the rotation for a moment.