Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Corona Cost of ownership vs. Draganflyer TI Pro

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Corona Cost of ownership vs. Draganflyer TI Pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 01:16 PM
ufoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona Cost of ownership vs. Draganflyer TI Pro

Thinking about building a modified Corona with the Chopper-1 and BT stuff in it. Question is.... what is the typical monthly cost of ownership--say you fly 4-5 times a month. I know starting out cost will be a little higher due to more crashes etc. but as you gain experience how much are you putting into your flying machine to keep it running?

Can't deceide between this helicopter and the Draganflyer 5 TI Pro stuff from Canada. Anybody that owns both of these models: how satisfied are you with either one? I like the better flight orientation that you get out of the regular helicopter stuff but some have modified their Draganflyer machines with LED lights to provide orientation control.

So as far as cost and fun factor which machine do you recommend? I'd like to get both of them but have money for only 1 right now.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:52 PM
ufoman

Default RE: Corona Cost of ownership vs. Draganflyer TI Pro

Went ahead and purchased a Lama 2 and a (Corona 120 for outdoor flying)....instead of the Draganflyer 5 product. On Chopper-1s site if I get most everything he sells what else is left to purchase? The only thing I can think of is the Ballistic Techs Titanium Rotor shaft and feather plate. Is there something else to order on BTs site besides the standard parts? I will try wire tail drive to start. Also on that Titanium shaft is is better to get the 5mm or the 7mm. I would think the 5mm would be easier to work with but you take a chance at bending in a crash as others have suggested.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 AM
rmasu

Hi UFO,
Same here bought a lama2 for inddors and a corona for outside fun, new pilot here about 3 months, don't let the lama fool you to thinking you are a better pilot than you are, corona is easy to fly but not like a lama 2 coaxial. The corona is cheap to fix if it even breaks. I've slammed, and I mean slammed it in to the garage wall twice, a metal work bench chair once and a concrete planter which it bounced off then hit a cement curb. And it fell out of the sky at 30 plus feet, although got caught by a friendly bush
I have a larger main shaft and a BT belt drive and the chopper nylon crutch and feathering plate. Total damage only stripped servo gears on the workbench accident. Other times not damage! I'm telling you this thing is tough.
I love my corona.
Rmasu
Old 03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
gadget01

If you get the main shaft upgrade, you will either have to drill out the gear that spins the tail wire to fit the larger diameter shaft or just get the tail belt-drive kit. I did this to my gear and it worked ok until I got the belt drive and crazy case.

The tail belt kit may also force you to upgrade from the stock tail case, which is nearly a piece of waste anyways and easily cracks.