Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 What are the best LMH Corona 120M TR settings? >

What are the best LMH Corona 120M TR settings?

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

What are the best LMH Corona 120M TR settings?

Old 03-26-2006, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the best LMH Corona 120M TR settings?

What are the best tail rotor settings for the LMH Corona 120M with a Futaba GY240 gyro?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What are the best LMH Corona 120M TR settings?

Which servo are you using for the tail?

That can make a HUGE difference. Because of the Corona's tail rotor speed, you typically need high gain settings for good control, but the servo speed and accuracy is just as important. If there is any slop in the control linkages, you can otherwise have a perfect setup and it will still suck.

I started with a gy240 and a Hitec HS-81 and metal gear version and it worked somewhat OK. The tail would never really hold well and was quite frustrating. I now use the gy401 with a Futaba 9254 digital servo, with a carbon fiber control rod directly from the servo horn to the pitch control lever- no slop. The tail holds extremely well now.

One thing that will help, esp. if you are just starting out is to read the Electric Heli Beginner's Guide. It can be found on another forum, just google "EHBG" and guaranteed you will find good tips, including gyro setup and troubleshooting.