Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Under slung batteries and ballance???

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Under slung batteries and ballance???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Under slung batteries and ballance???

Hello all. I've been flying gas LMH's since 96 and bought an assembled upgraded to brushless but other wise stock Corona a couple of years ago. Now flying with 7 cell 2800 mAh NiMH's.

My battery mount in the stock position on the front side of the frame. It is awkward to change; take off t he canopy, pull the rubber bands, put in the new bat, fight with the canopy. Just takes too long.

I see many conversions with the battery under the main drive gear. This looks like you can actually do a quick change with out fussin with the canopy.

My question, how do you compensate for the shift in CG with the battery that far back? right now my 120 balances on the main shaft with the heavy NiMH pack on the nose.

Also could you suggest a source of one of these under-slung mounts, but keep the stock landing gear?

TIA
Tom
Old 04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Under slung batteries and ballance???

i am basically running the same as you except i changed the landing gear to PART#JRP982151
from Helihobby.com. the gear provides a wider stance than stock and you have the battery mount between the skids. It is semi-rigid for those hard landings and at less than $20 you cannot go wrong. My pack balanced out pretty well as I have all my electronics as far forward as possible. If you have an alluminum crutch, you will have to do some creative enginerring to mount the struts but it really isnt a problem. If you go with the landing gear i mentioned earlier, let me know and i can send you a pic of how i installed them on my machine.