Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
110 Upgrade To Newer Engine >

110 Upgrade To Newer Engine

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

110 Upgrade To Newer Engine

Old 12-30-2002, 08:52 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 Upgrade To Newer Engine

CAN YOU EASILY PUT THE NEWER ENGINE INN A LMH 110. I BELEIVE THE ENGINE IS A .074 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, WILL IT BOLT RIGHT IN OR DO YOU HAVE TO CHANGE ALOT OF THINGS. I HAVE THE NORVELL .061 IN IT RIGHT NOW. IT SEEMS TO OVERHEAT AFTER A WHILE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP RON
Old 12-30-2002, 09:21 PM

The Vmax6 is pretty fickle as they would say. If you are overheating its probably because your running to lean. Add a washer under the head of the Vmax 6 and open your fuel a tad.
Once you get the vmax 6 running correctly you will find that its a pretty good running engine. I have never had an engine "flame out" while in flight. I lost power one time because my arlton gyro slung a gyro paddle which bogged the engine. If you get the engine running good and it seem like its not enough power to fly, then its most likely your clutch is slipping. its not spreading enough to engage the clutch bell. if this is a problem, just spread the shoes a little on each side with a flat tip screwdriver. The Vmax 7 engine is going to consume more fuel so your flight times are going to probably be cut in half.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:47 PM
My Feedback: (6)

I replaced mine with the .074, and did have to open up the hole where the engine sits and drill new mouning holes. No be deal really, but it makes a big difference in power, it is easier to start and keep running, and it is not prone to overheating. Glad I did it.....got tired of messing with the Vmax6....