Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Dang aint that the way... >

Dang aint that the way...

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Dang aint that the way...

Old 01-19-2003, 07:20 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dang aint that the way...

here I go braggin about all the extra stuff I got with my 110 and durn if I didnt go out the first time and break the one thing I didnt get , the front pinion gear $4.99 may as well get 2 eh? (I got the wire and the rear gear) all kinds of z-links, must be a dozen of them, .... I tried to practice on the grass in backyard instead of street out front,, didnt want to bother the neighbors on sunday afternoon.....blades hit the grass and stripped 1 tooth off so it bound up........ ,,,oh well maybe next week...Rog
Old 01-20-2003, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there done that.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:06 PM

Yeah I'm sure I'm not alone, I ordered 2 this morning, guess I shoulda got that girls name that took my order, probably gonna be talking to her again hahahaha
Old 01-22-2003, 12:54 PM

well, I sat down at work (thats whats great about being the boss) with my 1999 price list and exploded view and figured that I need $135 in parts to have a whole extra heli with an 074 and a gyro (already have those)......maybe there will be one trashed at the swap meet saturday!!!!!probably not though,,dang tough little things....anybody accidently run over one? saw the one in classified for $115 but then I'd have 2 and a half instead of 1 and a half,, see what I mean.......maybe I should just concentrate on learning to fly first........I like that century Hawk too, save my money and practice,practice, funny thing I read on the century forum, some of those guys with the real high dollar helis... were saying that even if you fly the thing full bore into the ground , and completely total it, your only out $159.00
thats actually not really that bad, you cant replace and LMH for that ,of course you'd be harder pressed to total an LMH, oh and for you corona fans , Century has some secret electric heli coming out later this year, they have one now, maybe the new one is CP? dont know..........Rog
Old 01-23-2003, 09:42 AM

Default LMH

I hear you.
LMH needs to wake up! they have a great heli, but if you compare the materials used in a Hawk Sport ARF to the materials used in a LMH KIT.
The LMH kit should be about $70 in comparison.
I would have 3 LMH then.
Even if the LMH Kits were at $150 they would out sell any heli on the market.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:20 AM

now this really sucks, my parts come in the mail today, but last night left 4 inches of snow on the ground and as I write this it is 6 outside, thats degrees yall, freakin 6...... Rog
Old 01-24-2003, 02:30 AM

I here ya Rog, bummer
Old 01-24-2003, 10:52 AM

Default Same Here

I had a chance to fly Monday, wife put a guilt trip on me.
It has been below 15 degrees sense.
I can handle snow Just more padding for a crash.
But the blades get really brittle when its that cold.
Give me 35 to 80 degrees. My .06 don,t like above 79 deg.
Just think if you had to have a run way. With a Heli you can just pack the snow down for a take off spot. I found my skids get stuck in the snow. Makes a soft no bounce landing tho.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:24 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Default wx

You guys are complaining about 6 F? It's -22 F here!!! Want to trade places? Didn't think so!!

Isn't the LMH/Corona great. I have a Corona, and am just getting into a controlled hover. Love it!

Jarrett
Old 01-26-2003, 09:44 PM

Ok, so the one other thing I didnt get with the package, the glow plug, died in mid well,training hover, so I go check the parts box,, and for the new upgrade engine theres 3 glow plugs but for the one I'm flying you guessed it.. no glow plug..I guess I should go ahead and upgrade and switch motors and sides of crutch like Joe K. did to avoid the mess,.....that is the first glow plug failure I've ever had, it just died,........supposed to have snow flurries tonight again, but next sat is posed to be 50 out ,now that would be a good thing, also discovered I can hook my starter to my scooter and start the heli, this means I can ride it up to the school yard and right out to the blacktop for training. I also discovered the street is no where near big enough to practice in, not for me anyway.......Rog