Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
gyro/crutch questions >

gyro/crutch questions

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

gyro/crutch questions

Old 01-27-2003, 01:02 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gyro/crutch questions

does the gyro plug into the receiver or does it connect to the rudder servo through the receiver/(like with a y connector) or just to the battery... if I change my 110 over to .074 motor and new crutch, I have the kit to change over to the gyro, I dont know how to put the crutch together ,,does anybody have the manual that could copy those pages and scan and email. or copy and snail mail , I'd rather not buy the manual for just that info....thanks for any help, I'll pay postage........its the same tail boom and everything else right..the downloads at lmh website dont show the crutch, not that I've seen.......and I cant get it to download anyway.. ok, so, scan and email would be really great.. I need to put the crutch together so I can paint it so, I can start the transfer process cause its supposed to be 50 out on saturday....... ..Rog
Old 01-27-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plug rudder servo into gyro, plug gyro into rudder channel on receiver.

The LMH manuals are online at this site and include full info and pictures on building the crutch and everything else: -

http://www.litemachines.com/downlds.html

Cliff
Old 01-27-2003, 07:39 PM

that shows the 110 manual, I have that, not sure of gyro placement, or all the pieces in the 117 crutch kit.......Rog
Old 01-27-2003, 08:38 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Rog
The crutch is built the same way as the 110 except the switch location it is now horizontal instead of vertical. as for the gyro it attaches to the front of the crutch over the receiver. One more thing the 117 Crutch uses the front landing gear strut in both the front and rear positions instead of using the long rear strut.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:07 PM

Thanks 10k, I looked through the 110 manual and it looks similar, but you know something might be backwards than the old one ...thats why I wanted a copy , I ordered a couple of glow plugs for the 061 and a explded view/price list for the 117 to help me build it..... so can you tell me what all the velcro and sticky back tape is for? the one I have was built and has tw little strips of foam tape for the receiver to be banded to and how does the gyro mount?..Rog
Old 01-28-2003, 12:20 AM

Rog

If you are going to build it with the muffler on the rear you have to put the main shaft right side looking from the rear. so this being said you put the upright part with the mixing arm notch on the same side as the main shaft. the part that forms the shelf on the bottom needs to be flipped so the long side is to the right (looking from the rear) and the rear landing gear mount will stick out to the right. I had to reshape it some to clear the muffler. as for all the Velcro you attach one large peace to each side of the nose and the smaller peaces to your radio gear and gyro and stick it to the large peaces and then I wrap a rubber band around the whole mess I also have 5 oz. of lead in the nose for higher head speeds.
Tink
Old 01-28-2003, 12:45 AM

thanks again 10k, I am thinking about doing the engine on the right like you did. so all that info is gonna help really, how long have you been flying? did it take long to learn to hover..Rog
Old 01-28-2003, 01:10 AM

Rog

Got my Lmh in Oct. and was hovering by Thanks giving but I still have problems with forward flight and its too cold to fly right now but I here the weather is the same down there
Old 01-28-2003, 02:18 AM

yep in the teens tonite but according to the weather channel website its supposed to be almost 60 on sunday, I like trying to fly in that kind of weather......Rog
Old 01-29-2003, 02:13 AM

supposed to be nice here too I hope my engine gets back from lite machines so I can fly

Tink
Old 01-29-2003, 02:17 AM

Rog

How is the new crutch coming
Old 01-29-2003, 02:21 AM

havent had a chance to start on it yet, and why is your engine at lite machines?
Old 01-29-2003, 02:32 AM

broke the con rod at the wrist pin by the way their tech said to use 4 to 5 copper washers in the head wit 25-30% nitro