Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Building The Corona >

Building The Corona

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Building The Corona

Old 05-23-2003, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building The Corona

I just received my brand new Corona. Now I have to build the thing. I'm told that LMH provides a great manual, but I'm wondering if there are some building tips from some of you pros out there. This is my first experience and I want to build a top notch heli.

Can't wait to fly this thing!

CB
Old 05-24-2003, 11:21 AM

Do not, under any circumstances, use wood glue for the crutch!

Do a complete inventory before building to make sure you have all the right parts.

The only other advice I can give is to be careful when mounting the main shaft bearing blocks. They tend to shift when tightening, and if you spin the main shaft before and after tightening you will notice some serious binding unless you're careful. Not sure how much that affects flight performance, but it's definitely wasted energy.

Otherwise the manual is very, very good.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:14 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Check the part number on your main rotor blades. They should be a "S2" part number. If you are not sure, measure the length of the blades.

A lot of people have been receiving the wrong blades in their kits lately.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:36 AM

Be sure to de-flash the TR shaft (hollow part) and the TR hub before inserting the former into the latter. In my case the shaft got stuck, would not move in either direction and was damaged in the process.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:15 PM

Thanks for all the good advice guys... I am about halfway through the process and am having a blast building this thing! The manual is incredable. I finished the crutch (after learning that the thin CA glue will definately glue fingers together) and got the main rotor assembly complete. I'm at the step of attaching the main shaft blocks and bearings to the crutch. I did go ahead and paint the crutch, which, unfortunately, magnifies my less than perfect gluing techniques on the joints.

To tell you the truth, the hardest thing for me so far has been trimming the darn canopy. Need some left handed scissors. I'm sure I'll have some more questions as I move along.

Thanks Again!

CB