Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Whats worn out? >

Whats worn out?

Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Whats worn out?

Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats worn out?

I have a Corona 120 and have about 100 flights on it that is I changed the battery 100 times. It is starting to fly for shorter times and is not as perky.It has nmh batteries and a brushless motor Mega motor is the brand I believe.So heres my question do you think my batteries are packing it in or is it the motor? One my thing, sometimes on the second battery pack it will drop power for a second but only does it once when it does, then recovers and works normally. If the motor is packing it in can it cause random excessive power drains? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:23 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Whats worn out?

Well, sometimes shotgun mechanics are the only way to figure these things out, when i have a problem, I narrow it down to 2 or 3 possible parts and change the cheapest part first till i get to the fix. try a new battery, then a motor! but usually slugish behavior is a weak battery, but if a new battery behaves the same way then i would guess its the motor! Most of the times whenever i had a problem with the ESC it would just not work at all, so i guess your speed controller is still okay.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Whats worn out?

Thanks Fish I'm leaning towards the motor being the problem looks like little black specks on top of it.Maybe gear wear or internal motor wear I don't know but like you say it is hit and miss.