Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

I have a good one...

Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default I have a good one...

Any LST guys ever have a losi header crack? I had a header crack on my original Aftershock-converted LST2 in the center straight section of the header. I just recently noticed 2 or 3 cracks in the header on my SH .28 LST2 in the same spot as the last one. The engine tuned fine and runs remarkably better on my homebrew fuel. I have a few spares so its no big deal but I was curious if anyone else has had it happen.

No, I didnt overheat the engine. No, I didnt run it lean. I have been running 20% nitro, 12% castor oil, and 68% methanol.
I'll post a pic of mine when the camera is done charging..
Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have a good one...

i heard about it but never had a header broke on my trucks.
but i bent one header while landing on a rock and ripping off the stigner on the pipe ! lol
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

i heard about it but never had a header broke on my trucks.
but i bent one header while landing on a rock and ripping off the stigner on the pipe ! lol
Here's my current set of cracks. Its hard to see, but it is basically a backwards letter "K". Its cracked halfway around the tube.

The last one that cracked was on a teal mach 427 and had a crack in the middle of the tube going the length of the tube - about 1" long.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

maybe its from the hanger ? too stiff and doesnt absorb vibrations - or too soft and allows for too much movement ?

i always use coat hanger wire for my hangers. they dont break like the stockers and flex/absorb energy during a crash...
Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

maybe its from the hanger ? too stiff and doesnt absorb vibrations - or too soft and allows for too much movement ?

i always use coat hanger wire for my hangers. they dont break like the stockers and flex/absorb energy during a crash...
The hanger I'm using right now is one I made from a universal hanger. I just put an "L" bend on the end and worked perfect. Pretty much the same thing as stock. It is possible it had a slight crack in it to start with - this header was one of 3 extras included in a box of spare parts from a buddy. 1 of the 3 was New in package, the other 2 were used some. Not used much but used nonetheless.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:39 AM
Mclovin350z

That's most likely from being hot then getting hit with water.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I saw another guy on here have that problem. I think his username is bigblock454 or something like that? He had pictures of it a long time ago. Is the header for sure cracked and not just the paint cracking?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

I saw another guy on here have that problem. I think his username is bigblock454 or something like that? He had pictures of it a long time ago. Is the header for sure cracked and not just the paint cracking?
Header's cracked. I can flex is and see the oil squish out of the crack. This header might have gotten a little mud on it from my yard, but not totally waterlogged. The first one I had crack on the teal 427 never got wet. It got stolen before I could get it wet.